In Sea of Thieves: A Pirates Life, each Tall Tale has a number of journals scattered around it. Collecting these journals earn you commendation and helps you proceed with the game further. In this Sea of Thieves guide, well be looking into the journal locations of Cursed Captain and Headless Monkeys Captain in A Pirates Life Tall Tale and how to get to them efficiently.
The first Tall Tale in this Pirates of the Caribbean themed expansion for Sea of Thieves is called A Pirates Life and has a total number of two sets of five journals.
The first set will be on the same path as your main story tasks, while the second set will be availed after you complete some side quests.
The first set of journals are memoirs of the Cursed Captain, a rather chatty skull you find in the tall tale. Lets look at where we can find them.
Finding Cursed Captains Journal locations wont be a hassle as theyll be present in the same location as your main quest.
Dissent in the RanksThis is the first journal youll have to find. Youll start from the top of the central area and go down to the Sailors Grave. Go down from the mud path and make an intersection to the wooden walkway. Follow the path until you start to see the ship ruins.
Keep following the wooden path, and youll eventually be led to a ruined ship with a doorway. Enter the door, and youll find a skeleton chilling on the bed with a map. Look to his right, and youll find a side table with the journal on it.
Off the Edge of the MapNow go back from the Skeletons room and head to the same path you came from. Head to the Sailors Grave area and go straight. As soon as you see the light tower, take the southwest direction. Keep going forward until you notice a pub ship on your left with two skeletons inside playing chess.
Go inside from the little opening, and youll find a table with the journal on it.
The Haul of a LifetimeHead back out from the entrance of the pub ship and go straight. Just as the wooden path finishes, take your first left, and youll find The Last Stand tavern.
Go inside the deck and make your way up to the very top of the ship. As you reach the top, go towards the east of the roof, and youll find a round table with the journal on it.
Strange, Yet FamiliarNow step down from The Last Stand tavern and head back to the path you came from. Head to the southwest and go straight towards the path that leads to the light tower. Cross the bridge and go inside. Use the broken circular staircase to go all the way up.
As soon as you reach the very top, youll find a bookshelf at the very front with the journal on it.
Lights OutGo down back from the circular staircase and cross the bridge. Go straight and head west. Now go straight and head towards the Golden Hare with red sails on it.
Go inside and then head up from the stairs. Take the first left and climb up the ladder. Go straight and climb the second ladder. Now head straight into the captains cabin and grab the journal from the bookshelf on your right.
The next set of journals are the Headless Monkeys Captain Journals. To get them, you will have to complete a series of connecting puzzles and quests first.
To get to these journals, make sure you do not place the Cursed Captain on his body in the Captains Quarter at the Golden Hare. If you make this mistake, you wont be able to complete the quest.
The first quest demands you to grab the cage keys from the Last Stand Tavern and find Poor Dougie and his treasure. Next, youll have to acquire the Captain Bones Special Recipe and use that to win chess. And for the last quest, youll have to summon the Ferryman and then turn the lighthouses beam towards the north.
By doing so, youll witness a beacon towards the right of the ship with red flags. Light it up and the bridge which will lead the shipwreck to open. From here, you can start collecting the journals.
Lets look into all five locations for Headless Monkey Journals.
Somewhere in the CaribbeanGo across the bridge and make your way to the Headless Monkey Shipwreck. Go straight to the deck and look for a skeleton. Just beside the Skeleton will be the first journal.
Also, grab the keys to the cabin while youre here.
Raising the Mad MonkeyNow go back from the deck and approach the ship mast. The journal will be tucked here.
A Fateful PursuitGo down from the deck and turn to your left. Now take another left and walk straight till you find the cabin door. Use the key you picked up from the deck earlier and unlock the door. Go directly in and find a table with a map and a lantern on it. Look near the lantern and youll find the journal.
Fresh WatersOn the left side of the table will be a bookshelf with the journal on it.
A Headless MonkeyNow go back towards the deck and stop where you see a broken mast and a lit lantern. Look to the ground, and youll find a journal there.
Ahoy Pirates! Youve gathered all the Journals for Sea of Thieves Tall Tale 1, A Pirates Life.
Read the original post:
- Tactics - for fun and to improve - Chessbase News - July 25th, 2021
- I Expect You to Die 2 preview: The spy with the golden eye for puzzles - Android Central - July 25th, 2021
- Dr's Casebook: Keeping your brain active really does delay Alzheimers - Batley and Birstall News - July 25th, 2021
- Tetragon Will Be Released On PC & Console Mid-August - Bleeding Cool News - July 25th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Freddy Spaghetti 2', 'Gaps by POWGI', '112 Operator', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - July 25th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of July 9-15 - Wicked Local - July 10th, 2021
- Fifty years of The Spectator crossword - Spectator.co.uk - July 10th, 2021
- Silver Blade Key Sea Of Thieves - How To Make The Water Rise - GosuNoob.com - June 28th, 2021
- 13 Ways You're Ruining Your Body After 60, Say Experts | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 28th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'Mighty Goose' and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - June 11th, 2021
- Criminal justice reform: Innovative RI program seeks to break cycle of incarceration - The Providence Journal - May 30th, 2021
- Game Over - The New York Times - May 30th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of May 28-June 4 - Wicked Local - May 30th, 2021
- Starsand Is Headed To Steam Early Access In Q4 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Trove Is Finally Getting Released On Nintendo Switch Bleeding Cool News - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Chess Knights: Shinobi Is Making Its Move On Switch Soon - Nintendo Life - May 18th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Subnautica + Subnautica: Below Zero' Review, Today's New Releases, and the Latest Sales - Touch Arcade - May 18th, 2021
- International Day of Families: 6 Ways to build a blissful relationship with your family amid COVID 19 crisis - PINKVILLA - May 18th, 2021
- A psychologist says parents of 'exceptionally resilient and successful' kids always do these 7 things: 'Yes, some are a little intense' - CNBC - May 18th, 2021
- Science of Guinness World Records - The Dallas Morning News - May 5th, 2021
- Exclusive: Decoding MPL's secondary transaction and shareholding pattern - Entrackr - May 5th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'R-Type Final 2', 'Smelter', and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - May 5th, 2021
- Garry Kasparov launches chess gaming platform with lessons from experts and 50,000 puzzles - Game World Observer - April 21st, 2021
- A Guide To Mindfulness: Why You Need To Start Training Your Mind (And How You Can Begin) - Entrepreneur - April 21st, 2021
- 33 Things To Help You Pick Up A New Hobby This Spring - BuzzFeed - April 21st, 2021
- An Analysis of the Mechanics and Narrative of Superliminal - Gamasutra - April 21st, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence: Unseating the Inevitability Narrative - Discovery Institute - April 21st, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Receives A Release Date - Bleeding Cool News - April 21st, 2021
- A Week at the Library of the Chathams Monday, April 5 Sunday, April 11, 2021 - TAPinto.net - April 5th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 5th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 5th, 2021
- A glimpse to the future: Song and guitar gets OHCHS senior through pandemic - Lewiston Sun Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Bengal hues, blues - The Tribune India - April 5th, 2021
- Resident Evil 2: Everything You Didnt Know About The 2nd Run - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 9th, 2021
- We Were Here Too Review (PS4) - A Solid Sequel And The Best Showcase Of The Series' Unique Mechanics - PlayStation Universe - March 9th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: Every Puzzle In The School And How To Solve Each One Of Them - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Chess Puzzles | The Chess Website - March 9th, 2021
- Video Game Review: Fights In Tight Spaces Gives John Wick Action With Deck Building Strategy - Patch.com - March 9th, 2021
- How to Solve The Chess Puzzle in Little Nightmares 2 - Screen Rant - February 20th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 6 virtual team building ideas for when you're sick of Zoom - Fast Company - February 17th, 2021
- Evil aspidistras and Noel Edmonds - how an obscure quiz show helped shape gaming in the 80s - Eurogamer.net - February 15th, 2021
- Love in the time of COVID-19 in Santa Fe - Santa Fe New Mexican - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 secret ending: Where to find the glitching remains? - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 School walkthrough: Heres how to complete the puzzle - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Looking Back to 1991 and the inimitable Lemmings - TheXboxHub - February 15th, 2021
- Co-op puzzler We Were Here is available on PS4 for free now - PlayStation.Blog - February 12th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: How to Solve the Chess Puzzle - Twinfinite - February 12th, 2021
- Downingtown East student develops state-of-the-art chess guidebook - Daily Local News - February 12th, 2021
- 7 Ways to Ensure Better Mental Health as an Entrepreneur in 2021 - Influencive - February 6th, 2021
- Out of the Woodwork - www.smileypete.com - February 4th, 2021
- Tactical skills meet RPGs in the wild world of 'Disgaea' - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - February 3rd, 2021
- Learn more chess strategies and improve your knowledge to win with 'Legal Attack' - StreetInsider.com - February 3rd, 2021
- Mundaun Gets A Behind-The-Scenes Video Showing Development - Bleeding Cool News - February 1st, 2021
- 10 pcs Games To play if you like the table Games - BollyInside - February 1st, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'G-Mode Zanac', 'Bonkies', 'Chill Panda', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 30th, 2021
- Castling on iOS the Chess Game you want during lockdown | Invision Game Community - Invision Game Community - January 28th, 2021
- The Girl Who Walked Away - The New York Times - January 28th, 2021
- Making a splash: how Ocean Spray and Chess.com surfed cultural waves to marketing success - The Drum - January 26th, 2021
- Spring Hour Of Chess Week: February 22-26, 2021 - ChessKid.com - chesskid.com - January 26th, 2021
- "When I won, it took a while to sink in" - National Chess Champion Jake Darmanin - Newsbook - January 26th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Solas 128', 'Seal Electric Railway', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 26th, 2021
- Scarlet Hood & The Wicked Wood Heads To Steam In February - Bleeding Cool News - January 25th, 2021
- Big Brother: The 10 Most Creative Veto Competitions, Ranked - Screen Rant - January 25th, 2021
- I Figured Out How Tall The Sexy Resident Evil Lady Is Because Of Course I Did - Kotaku - January 25th, 2021
- Meet the Puzzle Makers of New York Times Games - The New York Times - January 23rd, 2021
- Wonder what the best-selling tabletop games are? - ABC10.com KXTV - January 23rd, 2021
- Crislip: Why older adults should set New Year's resolutions and goals - Your Valley - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Colorful Colore', 'Timothy & the Mysterious Forest', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 23rd, 2021
- Neko Ghost, Jump! Is Headed To PC & Consoles, No Word Of Atari VCS - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- AI can solve Rubik's cubeand tell us how it did it. - Fast Company - January 20th, 2021
- Silver Chains Is Headed To Console On January 29th - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- Monstrum 2 Enters Steam Early Access This Month - Bleeding Cool News - January 15th, 2021
- Top 5 Chess streamers to watch on Twitch in 2021 - Daily Esports - January 15th, 2021
- Whats on TV This Week: President Joe Biden's inauguration - Los Angeles Times - January 15th, 2021
- The best games to play with friends over Zoom, from Psych to Heads Up - The Independent - January 15th, 2021
- Terry Winston Wilson Obituary - Lynchburg, VA | The News & Advance - Legacy.com - January 13th, 2021