Its a great day to be a fan of simulated carnage! Slitherine today held its Home of Wargamers Live event on Twitch.
There are more announcements than you could shake a WWI-era saber at, so lets skip morning muster and get right into the action.
Slitherine revealed four new games today, but before doing so it gave us some juicy updates.
First up, we sawlive gameplay footage of Warhammer Battlesector, and good golly this turn-based tactics game looks great:
Slitherine showed off the army management system, and an outstanding new photo mode that allows you to capture action while the game engine remains active. This means you can line up the perfect screenshot by advancing frames until all the explosions, blood splatters, and laser beams frame up exactly the way you want.
Preorders are now availableon Steam, the game launches on July 15 on PC, PS4 and XboxOne.
Next up: Distant Worlds 2. This ones shaping up to be the most ambitious 4X game ever set in space. Slitherine showed off live gameplay for the first time today and it looks like were all in for a treat when it launches later this year.
After watching the gameplay, its apparent this game is all about three things: depth, depth, and depth. Space combat looks fun, ground combat (not shown) sounds intriguing, theres massive tech trees, and the ship designer is out of this world. If its anything like its predecessors, this game will feature a scope and scale beyond anything else in the genre.
And that brings us to Starship Troopers: Terran Command,a game Im very much looking forward to. We saw it in action for an entire mission today and Im even more excited. The bug models are great, effects such as explosions, fire, and dust looked exquisite in action and the control interface and UI looked polished and clean.
Starship Troopers: Terran Command launches later this year on PC.
Master of Magicis back! Ye olde 1990s sorcery strategy game is getting a fresh update for the modern era and it looks freaking fantastic.
This game looks to be a deep dive into magic, wizardry, and spell tactics. Itll feature incredibly deep customization and hundreds of unit types.
The original was the kind of game you could get lost in and this one appears to have been handled with loving care.
We didnt get a chance to see much in the way of combat, but the fresh coat of paint and attention to detail in the previews are enough to excite both fans of the original and new players looking for a fantasy magic game that scratches the wargaming itch.
Masters ofMagic returns in 2022.
Scramble Battle of Britainis the second new game announced today and, holy moly it looks fantastic! Its aWEGO dogfighting game set during the Battle of Britain:
It looks like Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock, but set in WWII. And thats a great thing. The idea of controlling an entire air squadron at both the tactics and maneuvers scale sounds amazing.
Typically, dogfighting games either let you control one aircraft in first or third person mode or they let you control multiple units with as much finesse as chess pieces.
If this game plays anything likeBG:D,well be planning out 3D dogfighting maneuvers for entire squadrons in a clever simultaneous turn-based format. I could not be more excited!
Scramble: Battle for Britaindoesnt currently have a launch window were aware of, but we hope to see it in 2022.
The third new title is a modern warfare game called Broken Arrow. Its a real time tactical game featuring jaw-dropping visuals:
Based on what little we saw, it looks like a gorgeous game for armchair generals looking for the challenge of modern combat.It features combined arms, unit-level customization, nukes (!), more than 200 units, deck-based unit design, and real-time action with emphasis on graphics, sound, and immersion. Well have plenty of time to get more info on the scope of the game between now and its launch next year.
The final surprise of the stream was a big one:Stargate: Timekeepers. Almost nothing was revealed about the upcomingreal-time tactics game set in the Stargate universe, but just knowing its on the way is enough for now:
Per a Slitherine press release:
Stargate: Timekeepers departs from the end of season 7 of the Stargate SG-1 main plot to create a wholly original story starting during the Battle of Antarctica, where Command Eva McCain and her team are tasked with supporting the SG-1 against Anubiss fleet. The aftermath of the battle sees Commander McCain and her squad face an epic adventure that spans multiple original locations.
The games being developed by Creative Forge Games, makers of the excellent Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock and upcoming Starship Troopers: Terran Command.
We expect big things out of this game. Its obvious that Creative Forge Games knows how to do strategy, but this one looks to have a more narrative focus than previous IPs.
Slitherines chief marketing officer, Marco Minoli, said there were a remaining 12 unannounced games in development, so this events announcements are just the tip of the iceberg.
In the meantime which titles are you most looking forward to? Im intrigued by Broken Arrows graphical fidelity and Stargates an incredible get for Slitherine. But MoM and Scramble stole the show for me.
Follow this link:
- Overthinking the silence - Chessbase News - June 11th, 2021
- Jan Werle: Beat the King's Indian - Chessbase News - June 11th, 2021
- Alethea AI and artist Robert Alice launch Sothebys auction of the first intelligent NFT - VentureBeat - June 11th, 2021
- How Philipp Grubauer used blood, sweat and technology to launch the Avalanches Stanley Cup run: Ive never seen a goalie do that - The Denver Post - June 11th, 2021
- NBA playoffs 2021 - What could shift Jazz-Clippers and every conference semifinal series - ESPN - June 11th, 2021
- The Supercar/Hypercar Wars Continue, But The Roadster Still Has An Ace Up Its Sleeve - CleanTechnica - May 30th, 2021
- How Stupid Does Governor Whitmer Think Michiganders Are? - wbckfm.com - May 18th, 2021
- Mad pawns can save the day - Chessbase News - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- Reality is irreversible - The Monthly - May 5th, 2021
- ASTRA Reveals 2021 Best Toys for Kids Finalists The Toy Book - The Toy Book - May 5th, 2021
- Is Bioelectricity the Key to Limb Regeneration? - The New Yorker - May 5th, 2021
- The ultimate staycation treat - charter a 1m superyacht, and it's based here in Gosport - Portsmouth News - May 5th, 2021
- Chess.com's New Events Feature, The Perfect Platform To Follow The Candidates - Chess.com - April 21st, 2021
- Turing AI: 'We can help develop a product in an eighth of the time, minimum' - FoodNavigator.com - April 21st, 2021
- The Machines Gambit - The Good Men Project - April 5th, 2021
- A sandwich, a beer and ... here's what you see on TV (and what to avoid) - Prudent Press Agency - April 5th, 2021
- Spurning the morsel - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- Is AI Next in REI Education? - Think Realty - April 5th, 2021
- The IBM 305 Ramac: The secret grandfather of Deep Blue? - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- Feeding the flames - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- NEW - Andrew Martin: The Grnfeld Formula - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- War Of The Wingmen: New Robot Fighters Promise To Transform Aerial Combat - Forbes - March 9th, 2021
- Businesses offer help as problems remain in Texas from winter storm - Yahoo News - February 20th, 2021
- Wet Start To The Weekend - Yahoo News - February 20th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (2) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- What is the secret of Wesley So's success? An interview - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Five Issues Washington Should Consider In Reviewing A Lockheed-Aerojet Merger - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Work - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Why Ricciardo said 'yes' to McLaren the second time they asked RaceFans - RaceFans - February 17th, 2021
- Opera Euro Rapid SF: Carlsen and So reach the final - Chessbase News - February 15th, 2021
- Letters: 'Darlington Borough Council has a terrible record of looking after heritage sites, maybe they shouldn't keep Locomotion No 1' - The Northern... - February 12th, 2021
- Fat Fritz 2.0 - The new number 1 - Chessbase News - February 10th, 2021
- 25 Years Ago, Chess Changed Forever When Deep Blue Beat Garry Kasparov - Slate - February 10th, 2021
- Chess In The COVID Era | Webster Kirkwood Times | timesnewspapers.com - Webster-Kirkwood Times, Inc. - February 10th, 2021
- 10 Things We Want From The Legend Of Zelda's 35th Anniversary - TheGamer - February 7th, 2021
- Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football. Just ask any NFL player. - The Union Leader - February 7th, 2021
- 120 things you probably didn't know were created by Black inventors | Venture - Daily Hive - February 6th, 2021
- Red Sox Truck Day approaches and theres a different feeling in the air - BoSox Injection - February 4th, 2021
- The future is augmented - The Bookseller - February 4th, 2021
- How to Use a Chess Engine? Your Quick & Effective Guide - February 3rd, 2021
- Stockfish+NNUE, Strongest Chess Engine Ever, To Compete In ... - February 3rd, 2021
- Top Chess Engine Championship - Wikipedia - January 30th, 2021
- Building My Own Chess Engine Andrew Healey - January 30th, 2021
- Stockfish Chess Engine Download - softpedia - January 30th, 2021
- Play Online Chess at Caissa's Web - January 30th, 2021
- Alto AMT Should it be back? - MotorOctane - MotorOctane - January 30th, 2021
- Does the rift in AI matter to marketing? - MarTech Today - January 30th, 2021
- Scientists say dropping acid can help with social anxiety and alcoholism - The Next Web - January 28th, 2021
- Meet Yash Aradhya, a Bengaluru Formula 4 racer and a recipient of the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar - EdexLive - January 25th, 2021
- Dancing, vacuuming, learning: What's next for robots and their creators? - ASU Now - January 23rd, 2021
- Signature Theatre announces cast and dates for 'Simply Sondheim' review - DC Metro Theater Arts - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', 'Shadow Gangs', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 15th, 2021
- Their Uniforms Say Ohio State and Alabama. The Players Are From Everywhere. - The Wall Street Journal - January 13th, 2021
- Ziggurat Interactive Releases First Retro First Friday Pack Of 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - January 9th, 2021
- TV tonight: another day in paradise for detective Ralf Little - The Guardian - January 9th, 2021
- The Board Games Global Market is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 13% Between 2021 to 2026 - Yahoo Finance - January 6th, 2021
- 50 Best TV Shows To Watch In 2021 - Highest Rated Television Series - OtakuKart - OtakuKart - December 29th, 2020
- Red Bull think they have secret weapon to catch Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas | F1 | Sport - TechnoCodex - December 23rd, 2020
- HBO's Industry creators and Myha'la Herrold break down season 1 finale - Entertainment Weekly - December 22nd, 2020
- Research at Microsoft 2020: Addressing the present while looking to the future - Microsoft - December 22nd, 2020
- Deals of the Week, December 11 to 18 Growth Business roundup - GrowthBusiness.co.uk - December 18th, 2020
- Turns Out Its Pretty Good: Doomscrolling - The Cut - December 18th, 2020
- A Letter to My Kids - The Good Men Project - December 15th, 2020
- Yakuza Remastered Collection On The Way For Xbox & PC - Bleeding Cool News - December 13th, 2020
- Hitman 3 Gets A New Trailer Showing Off The Features - Bleeding Cool News - December 9th, 2020
- Reflections on 40 years: thanks for the memories (we can remember) - NOLA.com - December 9th, 2020
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Review: The Pricing Conundrum - Tom's Hardware - December 8th, 2020
- AI has almost solved one of biologys greatest challenges how protein unfolds - ThePrint - December 8th, 2020
- Demis Hassabis interview: the kid from the comp who founded DeepMind and cracked a mighty riddle of science - The Times - December 6th, 2020
- Online Chess and Working from Home - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- Full Fischer film in YouTube - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- New C360 CEO Howard Wright Sees Broadcast Tech Putting Fans on the Field of Play - Sports Video Group - December 5th, 2020
- This is what would happen if a Hind took on a Cobra - We Are The Mighty - December 5th, 2020
- Hyundai Takes The Wraps Off Its E-GMP Electric Car Platform - CleanTechnica - December 3rd, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons to Rent an RV when you traveling - The Dubrovnik Times - December 3rd, 2020
- Akron flashback: Some childhood toys you never forget - Akron Beacon Journal - December 1st, 2020
- 24 Comments on GM is Paying Cadillac Dealers to Ditch the Brand... - The Truth About Cars - November 29th, 2020
- Skilling Open QF2: Day of the Comebacks - chess24 - November 27th, 2020
- Jelurida Announces Bridge Champ, an On-Chain Version of the Famous Card Game - IT News Online - November 27th, 2020
- The 37 Best Black Friday Smart Home and Kitchen Deals (2020) - WIRED - November 27th, 2020