Library Is Open for In-Person Visits by Appointment
Patrons may make a half-hour appointment to browse the library collections and use a computer, copy machine or fax machine. Visitors arerequired to wear a face mask and follow safety procedures. The library is open for appointments during the following hours: Monday through Thursday - 11 am 7 pm Friday - 11 am 6 pm Saturday - 11 am 5 pmTo make an appointment,visit our websiteor call 973-635-0603.Our popularLibrary Takeoutis still open for those who prefer the speed and convenience of this service.
Sign Up for Chatham Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.
You have successfully signed up for the TAPinto Chatham Newsletter.
Outdoor Mini Book Sale!
Save the date: Saturday, April 17 9 am to 1 pm
The Friends of the Library will hold a Mini Outdoor Book Sale on the lawn at the side of the library. There will be books for all ages in many genres, as well as DVDs, CDs, games and puzzles. We look forward to seeing you!
PROGRAMS THIS WEEK: All programs are virtual. Click on links to learn more and to join.
Chess for KidsChess Expert Sean Finn leads this popular program.
Group 1- Monday, April 5 at 4 pmGroup 2- Monday, April 5 at 5 pmGroup 3- Tuesday, April 6 at 4 pm
Registered players only. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Music with Carolyn Dempsey
Thursday, April 8 10 am
For preschoolers and their caregivers
Move, shake, dance and sing to Carolyns guitar music. Sponsored by Friends of the Library
Lets Draw Cartoons! With Rick Stromoski
Thursday, April 8 4 pm
Learn how to draw cartoon characters and animals with Rick Stromoski. Students will gain an understanding of how to create an infinite number of characters and a variety of expressions just by altering a few shapes and/or lines to a drawing. Students will be encouraged to expresstheirvision and interpretation of the exercises.
Grades 5 to 7. Registration is required for this online Zoom class click on the heading to sign up. Students should have a stack of paper and their favorite drawing utensils to use during the class. Zoom login information will be sent to registrants before the program.
About Rick Stromoski: Stromoskis illustrations and cartoons have appeared in magazines, newspapers, books, greeting cards, calendars, and advertisements. The award-winning cartoonist is a member of the Society of Illustrators and the National Cartoonists Society.
Friday, April 9 4 pm
Share and get reading recommendations in an informal conversation about all things book-related with librarian Mary Kennedy. Find out about our new books, whats trending, and get a wide variety of reading suggestions. We will meet virtually on Zoom, on the second Friday of the month through May.
Looking ahead: registration is open for Portrait Drawing with Peggy Dressel, as part of our Adult Education Series. This four-week class starts on April 14.
WHAT TO READ. Click here for reading suggestions and lists of the latest acquisitions of books and movies for all ages.
DIGITAL LIBRARY. Click here to access all the eBooks, audiobooks, movies, crafts, magazines, Great Courses, and graphic novels on all our digital platforms.
DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR KIDS. Click here for books, audiobooks, movies, fun activities, and story times for children.
HOME DELIVERY. If you are a Chatham resident who is homebound or cannot come to the library to pick up your books for health reasons, you can have your items delivered to your door.
GET A LIBRARY CARD ONLINE. Chatham residents: click here to get a library card, so you can use the virtual library online, as well as the Library Takeout service.
REMOTE PRINTING AVAILABLE. Send from any device, pick up at the library. Click here for all the details about this service.
- Tactics - for fun and to improve - Chessbase News - July 25th, 2021
- I Expect You to Die 2 preview: The spy with the golden eye for puzzles - Android Central - July 25th, 2021
- Dr's Casebook: Keeping your brain active really does delay Alzheimers - Batley and Birstall News - July 25th, 2021
- Tetragon Will Be Released On PC & Console Mid-August - Bleeding Cool News - July 25th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Freddy Spaghetti 2', 'Gaps by POWGI', '112 Operator', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - July 25th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of July 9-15 - Wicked Local - July 10th, 2021
- Fifty years of The Spectator crossword - Spectator.co.uk - July 10th, 2021
- Sea of Thieves A Pirate's Life Tall Tale Journal Locations Guide - SegmentNext - June 28th, 2021
- Silver Blade Key Sea Of Thieves - How To Make The Water Rise - GosuNoob.com - June 28th, 2021
- 13 Ways You're Ruining Your Body After 60, Say Experts | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 28th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'Mighty Goose' and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - June 11th, 2021
- Criminal justice reform: Innovative RI program seeks to break cycle of incarceration - The Providence Journal - May 30th, 2021
- Game Over - The New York Times - May 30th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of May 28-June 4 - Wicked Local - May 30th, 2021
- Starsand Is Headed To Steam Early Access In Q4 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Trove Is Finally Getting Released On Nintendo Switch Bleeding Cool News - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Chess Knights: Shinobi Is Making Its Move On Switch Soon - Nintendo Life - May 18th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Subnautica + Subnautica: Below Zero' Review, Today's New Releases, and the Latest Sales - Touch Arcade - May 18th, 2021
- International Day of Families: 6 Ways to build a blissful relationship with your family amid COVID 19 crisis - PINKVILLA - May 18th, 2021
- A psychologist says parents of 'exceptionally resilient and successful' kids always do these 7 things: 'Yes, some are a little intense' - CNBC - May 18th, 2021
- Science of Guinness World Records - The Dallas Morning News - May 5th, 2021
- Exclusive: Decoding MPL's secondary transaction and shareholding pattern - Entrackr - May 5th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'R-Type Final 2', 'Smelter', and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - May 5th, 2021
- Garry Kasparov launches chess gaming platform with lessons from experts and 50,000 puzzles - Game World Observer - April 21st, 2021
- A Guide To Mindfulness: Why You Need To Start Training Your Mind (And How You Can Begin) - Entrepreneur - April 21st, 2021
- 33 Things To Help You Pick Up A New Hobby This Spring - BuzzFeed - April 21st, 2021
- An Analysis of the Mechanics and Narrative of Superliminal - Gamasutra - April 21st, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence: Unseating the Inevitability Narrative - Discovery Institute - April 21st, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Receives A Release Date - Bleeding Cool News - April 21st, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 5th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 5th, 2021
- A glimpse to the future: Song and guitar gets OHCHS senior through pandemic - Lewiston Sun Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Bengal hues, blues - The Tribune India - April 5th, 2021
- Resident Evil 2: Everything You Didnt Know About The 2nd Run - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 9th, 2021
- We Were Here Too Review (PS4) - A Solid Sequel And The Best Showcase Of The Series' Unique Mechanics - PlayStation Universe - March 9th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: Every Puzzle In The School And How To Solve Each One Of Them - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Chess Puzzles | The Chess Website - March 9th, 2021
- Video Game Review: Fights In Tight Spaces Gives John Wick Action With Deck Building Strategy - Patch.com - March 9th, 2021
- How to Solve The Chess Puzzle in Little Nightmares 2 - Screen Rant - February 20th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 6 virtual team building ideas for when you're sick of Zoom - Fast Company - February 17th, 2021
- Evil aspidistras and Noel Edmonds - how an obscure quiz show helped shape gaming in the 80s - Eurogamer.net - February 15th, 2021
- Love in the time of COVID-19 in Santa Fe - Santa Fe New Mexican - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 secret ending: Where to find the glitching remains? - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 School walkthrough: Heres how to complete the puzzle - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Looking Back to 1991 and the inimitable Lemmings - TheXboxHub - February 15th, 2021
- Co-op puzzler We Were Here is available on PS4 for free now - PlayStation.Blog - February 12th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: How to Solve the Chess Puzzle - Twinfinite - February 12th, 2021
- Downingtown East student develops state-of-the-art chess guidebook - Daily Local News - February 12th, 2021
- 7 Ways to Ensure Better Mental Health as an Entrepreneur in 2021 - Influencive - February 6th, 2021
- Out of the Woodwork - www.smileypete.com - February 4th, 2021
- Tactical skills meet RPGs in the wild world of 'Disgaea' - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - February 3rd, 2021
- Learn more chess strategies and improve your knowledge to win with 'Legal Attack' - StreetInsider.com - February 3rd, 2021
- Mundaun Gets A Behind-The-Scenes Video Showing Development - Bleeding Cool News - February 1st, 2021
- 10 pcs Games To play if you like the table Games - BollyInside - February 1st, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'G-Mode Zanac', 'Bonkies', 'Chill Panda', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 30th, 2021
- Castling on iOS the Chess Game you want during lockdown | Invision Game Community - Invision Game Community - January 28th, 2021
- The Girl Who Walked Away - The New York Times - January 28th, 2021
- Making a splash: how Ocean Spray and Chess.com surfed cultural waves to marketing success - The Drum - January 26th, 2021
- Spring Hour Of Chess Week: February 22-26, 2021 - ChessKid.com - chesskid.com - January 26th, 2021
- "When I won, it took a while to sink in" - National Chess Champion Jake Darmanin - Newsbook - January 26th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Solas 128', 'Seal Electric Railway', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 26th, 2021
- Scarlet Hood & The Wicked Wood Heads To Steam In February - Bleeding Cool News - January 25th, 2021
- Big Brother: The 10 Most Creative Veto Competitions, Ranked - Screen Rant - January 25th, 2021
- I Figured Out How Tall The Sexy Resident Evil Lady Is Because Of Course I Did - Kotaku - January 25th, 2021
- Meet the Puzzle Makers of New York Times Games - The New York Times - January 23rd, 2021
- Wonder what the best-selling tabletop games are? - ABC10.com KXTV - January 23rd, 2021
- Crislip: Why older adults should set New Year's resolutions and goals - Your Valley - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Colorful Colore', 'Timothy & the Mysterious Forest', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 23rd, 2021
- Neko Ghost, Jump! Is Headed To PC & Consoles, No Word Of Atari VCS - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- AI can solve Rubik's cubeand tell us how it did it. - Fast Company - January 20th, 2021
- Silver Chains Is Headed To Console On January 29th - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- Monstrum 2 Enters Steam Early Access This Month - Bleeding Cool News - January 15th, 2021
- Top 5 Chess streamers to watch on Twitch in 2021 - Daily Esports - January 15th, 2021
- Whats on TV This Week: President Joe Biden's inauguration - Los Angeles Times - January 15th, 2021
- The best games to play with friends over Zoom, from Psych to Heads Up - The Independent - January 15th, 2021
- Terry Winston Wilson Obituary - Lynchburg, VA | The News & Advance - Legacy.com - January 13th, 2021