Entrepreneurship could seem some kind of a fantasy for those who are not, and they could perceive the tag as a kind of fulfillment from building something good. While this is true, there is a price they pay for building something from the ground up.
That price is mostly a mental and psychological one. According to Springer surveys, 30 percent of entrepreneurs have experienced depression of some sort. Almost the same percentage of respondents revealed that they dealt with ADHD; while many had felt anxiety regularly.
Mental health issues do have damaging side effects some maladies could end up being detrimental to the overall business. Depression, for instance, hurts decision-making; bogging down individuals with pessimism, and crippled mentally to process information efficiently.
Entrepreneurs constantly feel undervalued in different scenarios and need a lot of character and mental strength to continue doing their work even in the face of adversity. Employees seek a reliable leader and role model whom they could follow and with mental stress, these leaders feel the heat to perform but often fail.
Here are some ways to ensure better mental health as an entrepreneur in 2021.
Entrepreneurs experience more stress comparatively compared to the working populace owing to the high degree of uncertainty, financial concerns, and loneliness. Every day presents entrepreneurs with different challenges and the lifestyle is quite demanding and risky. Finding solutions to every problem could prove to be highly overwhelming with a huge impact on the individuals mental capacity and well-being.
To manage these negative feelings, people need to accept them and not restrict them forcefully. Let the feelings be expressed in some ways to let them wash over you, and address the causes.
It benefits people if they can identify the factors contributing to their stress. Running a business is a huge hassle especially if the company is in the early stages. It can prove to be energy-sapping and there are recurring situations of stress that could result from financial uncertainty or just future business prospects.
Identifying the stress factors can help individuals cope with stress better, in the long run. They can certainly reduce the burden effectively while focusing on their passion for their work as well as their life.
Entrepreneurs seldom define themselves with their business venture success or their achievements. In these scenarios, once they start losing their business, they start losing themselves. They end up spending more and more time resolving business issues, and always focusing on getting things done. They neglect work-life balance, friends, family, and have literally no life outside of work. It is high time that entrepreneurs devote time to practice self-love, and do more with life, rather than focus on the balance sheet and then align the same to their self-worth.
Many new-age entrepreneurs can be quite competitive, a streak that they harbor by being competitive in playing online games consistently. As an entrepreneur, you could play solitaire on the laptop or play multiplayer chess with a friend online. These games keep their competitive streak alive, and hence manage stress better. Online games offer great potential to rack brains and figure out intensive mathematical and physics puzzles with proper skill and sharp business acumen.
Entrepreneurs sometimes pile up on responsibilities all by themselves, without trying to allocate some tasks to competent professionals. To manage stress conditions, they are better off hiring outside help. Some firms employ a handful of employees on a shoestring budget or hire freelancers to do temporary tasks. Sourcing the right people to handle different tasks based on their expertise is the right way to go, and will help budding entrepreneurs manage stress effectively.
For managing accounts, they could hire experienced accountants and the right coding professionals for making an application or website. Let the people who are good at their job handle the responsibilities one by one, while entrepreneurs focus on the bigger picture.
Even though it makes sense to put in long, productive working hours, entrepreneurs need to understand that they need ample downtime regularly. Getting good rest and sleep is key to enhancing productivity at work. With the downtime, one can stay motivated while at work, and look forward to weekend breaks and meetings with friends regularly.
One should not burn out with incessant work, or else, the mental faculties are bound to fail in due course of time. It is essential to nurture mental health with a peaceful attitude and positive thoughts. Or you could play solitaire on your laptop when you feel like it, and that certainly will cheer you up.
Shifting focus from material happiness to satisfaction and contentment, entrepreneurs can build mental resilience and business structures that work on a scale that they can manage without unnecessary hardships. A good business leader learns to stay positive by meditating a lot, and by being peaceful and hopeful in the face of adversity. They know that all negative situations will pass in due course of time and that they should do their job that is in their control.
Published February 5th, 2021
- Tactics - for fun and to improve - Chessbase News - July 25th, 2021
- I Expect You to Die 2 preview: The spy with the golden eye for puzzles - Android Central - July 25th, 2021
- Dr's Casebook: Keeping your brain active really does delay Alzheimers - Batley and Birstall News - July 25th, 2021
- Tetragon Will Be Released On PC & Console Mid-August - Bleeding Cool News - July 25th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Freddy Spaghetti 2', 'Gaps by POWGI', '112 Operator', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - July 25th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of July 9-15 - Wicked Local - July 10th, 2021
- Fifty years of The Spectator crossword - Spectator.co.uk - July 10th, 2021
- Sea of Thieves A Pirate's Life Tall Tale Journal Locations Guide - SegmentNext - June 28th, 2021
- Silver Blade Key Sea Of Thieves - How To Make The Water Rise - GosuNoob.com - June 28th, 2021
- 13 Ways You're Ruining Your Body After 60, Say Experts | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 28th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'Mighty Goose' and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - June 11th, 2021
- Criminal justice reform: Innovative RI program seeks to break cycle of incarceration - The Providence Journal - May 30th, 2021
- Game Over - The New York Times - May 30th, 2021
- Programs with the Medfield Library, week of May 28-June 4 - Wicked Local - May 30th, 2021
- Starsand Is Headed To Steam Early Access In Q4 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Trove Is Finally Getting Released On Nintendo Switch Bleeding Cool News - Bleeding Cool News - May 30th, 2021
- Chess Knights: Shinobi Is Making Its Move On Switch Soon - Nintendo Life - May 18th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Subnautica + Subnautica: Below Zero' Review, Today's New Releases, and the Latest Sales - Touch Arcade - May 18th, 2021
- International Day of Families: 6 Ways to build a blissful relationship with your family amid COVID 19 crisis - PINKVILLA - May 18th, 2021
- A psychologist says parents of 'exceptionally resilient and successful' kids always do these 7 things: 'Yes, some are a little intense' - CNBC - May 18th, 2021
- Science of Guinness World Records - The Dallas Morning News - May 5th, 2021
- Exclusive: Decoding MPL's secondary transaction and shareholding pattern - Entrackr - May 5th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'R-Type Final 2', 'Smelter', and More, Plus the Latest Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - May 5th, 2021
- Garry Kasparov launches chess gaming platform with lessons from experts and 50,000 puzzles - Game World Observer - April 21st, 2021
- A Guide To Mindfulness: Why You Need To Start Training Your Mind (And How You Can Begin) - Entrepreneur - April 21st, 2021
- 33 Things To Help You Pick Up A New Hobby This Spring - BuzzFeed - April 21st, 2021
- An Analysis of the Mechanics and Narrative of Superliminal - Gamasutra - April 21st, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence: Unseating the Inevitability Narrative - Discovery Institute - April 21st, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Receives A Release Date - Bleeding Cool News - April 21st, 2021
- A Week at the Library of the Chathams Monday, April 5 Sunday, April 11, 2021 - TAPinto.net - April 5th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 5th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 5th, 2021
- A glimpse to the future: Song and guitar gets OHCHS senior through pandemic - Lewiston Sun Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Bengal hues, blues - The Tribune India - April 5th, 2021
- Resident Evil 2: Everything You Didnt Know About The 2nd Run - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 9th, 2021
- We Were Here Too Review (PS4) - A Solid Sequel And The Best Showcase Of The Series' Unique Mechanics - PlayStation Universe - March 9th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: Every Puzzle In The School And How To Solve Each One Of Them - TheGamer - March 9th, 2021
- Chess Puzzles | The Chess Website - March 9th, 2021
- Video Game Review: Fights In Tight Spaces Gives John Wick Action With Deck Building Strategy - Patch.com - March 9th, 2021
- How to Solve The Chess Puzzle in Little Nightmares 2 - Screen Rant - February 20th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 6 virtual team building ideas for when you're sick of Zoom - Fast Company - February 17th, 2021
- Evil aspidistras and Noel Edmonds - how an obscure quiz show helped shape gaming in the 80s - Eurogamer.net - February 15th, 2021
- Love in the time of COVID-19 in Santa Fe - Santa Fe New Mexican - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 secret ending: Where to find the glitching remains? - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 15th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 School walkthrough: Heres how to complete the puzzle - Republic TV - February 15th, 2021
- Looking Back to 1991 and the inimitable Lemmings - TheXboxHub - February 15th, 2021
- Co-op puzzler We Were Here is available on PS4 for free now - PlayStation.Blog - February 12th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2: How to Solve the Chess Puzzle - Twinfinite - February 12th, 2021
- Downingtown East student develops state-of-the-art chess guidebook - Daily Local News - February 12th, 2021
- Out of the Woodwork - www.smileypete.com - February 4th, 2021
- Tactical skills meet RPGs in the wild world of 'Disgaea' - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - February 3rd, 2021
- Learn more chess strategies and improve your knowledge to win with 'Legal Attack' - StreetInsider.com - February 3rd, 2021
- Mundaun Gets A Behind-The-Scenes Video Showing Development - Bleeding Cool News - February 1st, 2021
- 10 pcs Games To play if you like the table Games - BollyInside - February 1st, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'G-Mode Zanac', 'Bonkies', 'Chill Panda', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 30th, 2021
- Castling on iOS the Chess Game you want during lockdown | Invision Game Community - Invision Game Community - January 28th, 2021
- The Girl Who Walked Away - The New York Times - January 28th, 2021
- Making a splash: how Ocean Spray and Chess.com surfed cultural waves to marketing success - The Drum - January 26th, 2021
- Spring Hour Of Chess Week: February 22-26, 2021 - ChessKid.com - chesskid.com - January 26th, 2021
- "When I won, it took a while to sink in" - National Chess Champion Jake Darmanin - Newsbook - January 26th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Solas 128', 'Seal Electric Railway', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 26th, 2021
- Scarlet Hood & The Wicked Wood Heads To Steam In February - Bleeding Cool News - January 25th, 2021
- Big Brother: The 10 Most Creative Veto Competitions, Ranked - Screen Rant - January 25th, 2021
- I Figured Out How Tall The Sexy Resident Evil Lady Is Because Of Course I Did - Kotaku - January 25th, 2021
- Meet the Puzzle Makers of New York Times Games - The New York Times - January 23rd, 2021
- Wonder what the best-selling tabletop games are? - ABC10.com KXTV - January 23rd, 2021
- Crislip: Why older adults should set New Year's resolutions and goals - Your Valley - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Colorful Colore', 'Timothy & the Mysterious Forest', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 23rd, 2021
- Neko Ghost, Jump! Is Headed To PC & Consoles, No Word Of Atari VCS - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- AI can solve Rubik's cubeand tell us how it did it. - Fast Company - January 20th, 2021
- Silver Chains Is Headed To Console On January 29th - Bleeding Cool News - January 20th, 2021
- Monstrum 2 Enters Steam Early Access This Month - Bleeding Cool News - January 15th, 2021
- Top 5 Chess streamers to watch on Twitch in 2021 - Daily Esports - January 15th, 2021
- Whats on TV This Week: President Joe Biden's inauguration - Los Angeles Times - January 15th, 2021
- The best games to play with friends over Zoom, from Psych to Heads Up - The Independent - January 15th, 2021
- Terry Winston Wilson Obituary - Lynchburg, VA | The News & Advance - Legacy.com - January 13th, 2021