Tobeconsidered agenius, you need anIQ score ofatleast 140. But not many ofus have such ahigh score. These geniuses have day jobs just like the rest ofus, for instance asamagazine columnist, ahorse rancher, orapsychologist. Ofcourse, many ofthem are doing groundbreaking research and others have chosen tolive asimple life.
Bright Side gives you apeek into the secret lives ofgeniuses today, all ofwhom are atthe very top ofthe genius list.
Profession: Theoretical physics
Age: Around 21
This former child prodigy has anIQ of170 and published his work onphysics before hewas 20. When hewas 15he became the youngest student ever tobeaccepted tothe Perimeter Institute. Now heisadoctoral student atthe Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, working toward his PhD.
Profession: International Grandmaster (chess)
This Hungarian chess player isknown asthe best female player ofall time. Atthe age ofonly15, she became the youngest International Grandmaster, in1991. She has defeated 11world champions and isthe only woman tohave won against areigning world champion. She announced her retirement from chess in2014 and has since received aknighthood from Hungary.
Rick has anIQ of192 according tothe World Genius Directory, and hehas taken over 30tests and got the highest score ever on20ofthem. Heisknown for hisTV work, but other than that heenjoys math and physics inhis spare time.
With his impressiveIQ score, this Greek man now works asapsychiatrist after getting degrees inphilosophy and medical research technology. Hehas also founded the group AAAA.GR, which helps tosupport extraordinarily gifted children inGreece.
Profession: Horse rancher
Having anIQ somewhere between 195 and 210, heisamong the smartest people inthe world. Throughout his life, hehas developed aCognitive-Theoretic Model ofthe Universe and has published several books aboutit. Hehas also worked several side jobs like working asanight-club bouncer topay the bills.
Profession: Computer systems architect
Age: Around 66
Hehas abreathtakingIQ of200 and was only 10years old when hestarted studying atMichigan State University. Heattended both Yale University and the University ofMichigan and got adoctorate inmathematics atthe age of23. Hehas tried tokeep his life private, but itseems that heworks for acomputer company asasystems architect inthe U.S.
Age: Around 30
This former child prodigy was reading when hewas 2and writing at3. From the age of5, hewas composing music and hestarted university atthe age of9. Hejoined the University ofChicagos Pritzker School ofMedicine atthe age of12, becoming the youngest student toget anM.D. from the school, atthe age of21.
Profession: Inventor and mathematician
Age: Around 68
When she took anIQ test atthe age of5, she had ascore of205. When she was 12she went tocollege and became the youngest person tograduate from Florida Atlantic University in1967. She was teaching math atMichigan State University before she was even 20and later worked for IBM. She iscredited for creating direct dialing and last-call return and has over 100US patents.
Profession: Physics professor
This South Korean former child prodigy has anallegedIQ of210. Hehas atalent for languages and has spoken Korean, English, French, German, and Japanese since early childhood. Kim allegedly worked for NASA before calling itquits and going back home. Hethen worked atthe business planning department ofthe Chungbuk Development Corporation and currently isaprofessor ofliberal arts atShinhan University.
Heisknown for setting world records for the youngest age tograduate and teach atcollege asateenager, with anIQ between 200 and 325. Hefinished his bachelors degree from the University ofSouth Alabama atthe age of10, and atthe age of14got his masters degree inchemistry atMiddle Tennessee State University, and another atage 18incomputer science from Vanderbilt University.
This Australian-American genius mathematician has anIQ between 220 and 230. Atthe young age of9, hewas already attending university-level math courses. Henow teaches mathematics atUCLA after getting his Ph.D. from Princeton atage 21and was atenured professor bythe age of24. Heisthe youngest ever full professor inUCLA history.
Christopher has anincredibleIQ of225, and bythe time hewas 13he had become the youngest winner ofthe International Physics Olympiad in1996. Atthe age of16, hewas already working with NASA and hereceived his Ph.D. from Princeton at22years old. Heisnow anAstrophysicist and Cosmologist atOhio State Universitys Center for Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.
Profession: Magazine columnist
Her IQlevel isone ofthe highest recorded, and she was only 10when she took the test and held the Guinness World Record for the highestIQ from 1985-89. Marilyn isfamous for her column Ask Marilyn. More recently she has also published several books and has become aboard member ofthe National Council onEconomic Education.
Atonly 21he has anIQ score of250 and gave his first lecture atage 6. Hehas worked inthe movie industry from the age of12as acomposer, and has since written, directed, and edited his own movie The Sempiternal in2013.
Profession: Composer and web developer
Heisperhaps less well known, but Marnen was achild prodigy. Onachildhood test hegot ahighIQ score of268. According tohis website, hespeaks English, German, Japanese, French, Russian, Esperanto, and Klingon. Heenjoys his time with hobbies like heraldry, medieval reenactment, and folk dancing. Hehas worked asaprogrammer, acomposer, and amusician.
Lived: 1831 1879
This Scottish mathematical physicist had anIQ of190 to205. Heiswell known for his theory ofelectromagnetic radiation, and Einstein even credits him for his work, saying that heisstanding onMaxwells shoulders.
What would you doifyou were agenius? Who doyou know that isvery gifted?
See the original post:
- Grand Chess Tour Returns to Board With Superbet Classic in Romania - uschess.org - June 11th, 2021
- Abhimanyu Mishra: World's youngest grandmaster in the making - THE WEEK - June 11th, 2021
- Catch The Clash's grand champions in today's episode of 'Rise Up Stronger: The Road to NCAA Season 96' - GMA Network - June 11th, 2021
- Chess on the water at Hempel World Cup Series - Allianz Regatta - International Sailing Federation - June 11th, 2021
- Aamir Khan to battle Viswanathan Anand in a game of chess to raise money for fighting Covid-19 - The Indian Express - June 11th, 2021
- Asian Zonal Hybrid Chess Ranindu wins to reach third place - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - June 11th, 2021
- FTX Crypto Cup: Caruana wins the prelims, Carlsen and Nepo qualify - Chessbase News - May 30th, 2021
- Throwback Thursday: Ivanchuk wins the 2016 World Rapid Championship - Chessbase News - May 18th, 2021
- Anish Giri wins the Mr Dodgy Invitational again! - chess24 - May 18th, 2021
- US Trainer Khachiyan Recognized by FIDE, Wins First Liu Wenzhe Award - uschess.org - May 18th, 2021
- Coronavirus | Good response to GMs moves - The Hindu - May 18th, 2021
- MDI 2, Day 2: Jobava dances to win over Grischuk - chess24 - May 18th, 2021
- On chess: Grandmaster Ian Nepomniachtchi Wins FIDE Candidates, Qualifying To Face face Magnus Carlsen In The World Chess Championship - St. Louis... - May 5th, 2021
- How NOT To Improve At Chess - Chess.com - May 5th, 2021
- Editors Picks: 11 Events for Your Calendar This Week, From a Chess Grandmaster at the Rubin to a Modern Spin on Artemisia Gentileschi - artnet News - May 5th, 2021
- Let's talk about the Candidates... with Eric van Reem and Jonathan Tisdall - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- The Mind Hack Will Smith Uses to Stay Focused and Motivated - menshealth.com - May 5th, 2021
- Nepomniachtchi: 'I Don't Have The Tendency To Downgrade Myself' - Chess.com - May 5th, 2021
- The Armageddon of cancel culture - TheArticle - May 5th, 2021
- Fischer, Karpov and Kortschnoi - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- Candidates Round 14: Ding, MVL and Alekseenko finish on a high note - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- World #6 chess grandmaster compares watching esports to watching chess - PC Gamer - April 21st, 2021
- Worth the Wait in Gold: Caruana Wins in Candidates Restart - uschess.org - April 21st, 2021
- Will Smith Reveals His Favorite Moment From 'The Pursuit of Happyness' - Yahoo Entertainment - April 21st, 2021
- Square Off is a smart chessboard that lets you challenge opponents anywhere - Boing Boing - April 21st, 2021
- Lime and its competitors plan to flood parts of NYC with e-scooters - Mashable - April 21st, 2021
- Rising Through The Ranks: Queens 12-Year-Old Has Eyes On One Day Being Chess Grandmaster - CBS New York - April 5th, 2021
- Explained: Can Grandmasters cheat in online chess and get away? - The Indian Express - April 5th, 2021
- an ode to chess - The Brown Daily Herald - April 5th, 2021
- FIDE World University Championship Participants Disqualified Without 'Proof Of Actual Cheating' - Chess.com - April 5th, 2021
- BINGE IT!: Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' teaches the game of life through chess - WALB - April 5th, 2021
- On Chess: Online Chess Interest Soars Since The Start Of The Pandemic - St. Louis Public Radio - April 5th, 2021
- Instructive endgames from the European Club Cup - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- The Meeple Guild: Chess in Canada: Part II - Yorkton This Week - April 5th, 2021
- Euro Club Cup: Clichy and Deizisau in the lead - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- Chess: Guildford, unbeaten for eight years, find the strongest ever Eurocup a bridge too far - Financial Times - April 5th, 2021
- IBM's New Debater AI is a Terrible Idea, Here's Why - Digital Information World - April 5th, 2021
- Go From Chess Beginner To Master With This Mega Bundle Of Courses, Now Less Than $40 - IGN Southeast Asia - February 20th, 2021
- AI mistakes black and white chess chat for racism - The Independent - February 20th, 2021
- This aluminum chessboard and its iconic chess pieces have been crafted for the millennial grandmasters - Yanko Design - February 17th, 2021
- AICF to start Indian Chess League - The Indian Express - February 17th, 2021
- Why our relationship with young achievers is so complicated - BBC News - February 17th, 2021
- Chess: Wesley So notches another title at world No. 1 Magnus Carlsens expense - ABS-CBN News - February 17th, 2021
- Were all content businesses: esports orgs borrow from the media owners playbook in search for new revenues - Digiday - February 15th, 2021
- Titled Tuesday: Svidler Winning With Grunfeld - Chess.com - February 12th, 2021
- A chess game without chess - Knight's Retreat is now on Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4 and Switch - TheXboxHub - February 12th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit and The Modern Era of Chess - The Oberlin Review - February 12th, 2021
- Opera Euro Rapid QF: Carlsen, So and MVL off to winning starts - Chessbase News - February 12th, 2021
- Fat Fritz 2: The Best of Both Worlds - Chessbase News - February 12th, 2021
- Morning sports update: Bart Scott thinks Patriots fans will run Bill Belichick out of town without quarterback fix - Boston.com - February 12th, 2021
- LeBron James' longevity and consistency will define him in the end as Los Angeles Lakers push for another title - Sky Sports - February 12th, 2021
- Loving the Alien | chess24.com - chess24 - February 10th, 2021
- Levon Aronian's mother speaks in defense of her son - Information-Analytic Agency NEWS.am - February 10th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit: Why Beth Ending Up Single Was The Best Choice - Screen Rant - February 7th, 2021
- Chess grandmaster rates 7 chess scenes in movies and TV for accuracy - Insider - Insider - February 6th, 2021
- Equity derivatives house of the year: Citi - Risk.net - February 6th, 2021
- Chess Is a Netflix Star. How About Other Games? - The Wall Street Journal - February 6th, 2021
- Four Americans to Play in Third Champions Tour Event - uschess.org - February 6th, 2021
- Here are some films based on sports that are in the pipeline - The Tribune India - February 6th, 2021
- Soccer looks to AI for an edge: Could an algorithm really predict injuries? - ESPN - February 6th, 2021
- How the Queens Gambit Made Me a Better Investor - Wealth Morning - February 6th, 2021
- Nihal Sarin: Well-guided and on the right path - Sportstar - February 4th, 2021
- Shane Battier says there was no player he wanted to beat more than Kobe - Silver Screen and Roll - February 3rd, 2021
- COLUMN: Hobbies are essential in the pandemic - The Depaulia - February 1st, 2021
- Tony Romo on Super Bowl for Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes - The Athletic - February 1st, 2021
- What Thanos Black Order Did After His Death in the Comics - Screen Rant - February 1st, 2021
- Chess: Carlsen loses to 18-year-old Russian as a new generation surges at Wijk - Financial Times - January 26th, 2021
- Niemann on Earning the GM Title | US Chess.org - uschess.org - January 26th, 2021
- The ultimate Grandmaster | Opinion | kelownadailycourier.ca - The Daily Courier - January 26th, 2021
- "The game of the lady" on Netflix, "Grandmaster" for chess players - Vaughan Today - January 25th, 2021
- Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival 2021 hosts Checkmate with World Champion Viswanathan Anand in conversation with Boria Majumder - United News of... - January 25th, 2021
- Nano Dimension Appoints Dr. Eli David to the Board of Directors - GlobeNewswire - January 25th, 2021
- Nano Dimension Appoints Dr. Eli David to the Board of Directors - StreetInsider.com - January 23rd, 2021
- What does it take to be a grandmaster chess champion? | Watch News Videos Online - Globalnews.ca - January 20th, 2021
- Who are the Botez Sisters, one of chess's most popular streamers? - Sports Interactive Network Philippines - January 20th, 2021
- Pop artist Keith Haring exhibit now on display at the St. Louis World Chess Hall of Fame - KTVI Fox 2 St. Louis - January 20th, 2021
- The best make a welcome return to the chessboard - Washington Times - January 20th, 2021
- How to learn chess online: Beef up your skills with these courses - Mashable - January 20th, 2021
- This wooden chess, checkers, and backgammon set will definitely class up your game night - Boing Boing - January 20th, 2021
- Soviet humour and the Great Yoghurt Gambit - TheArticle - January 20th, 2021