ST. LOUIS While neither art nor chess is exclusive to one language, St. Louis World Chess Hall of Fame located in heart of the Central West End is continuing to further the conversation on the dynamic relationship between the two.
This year they are celebrating the legacy of Keith Haring in its newest exhibition,Keith Haring: Radiant Gambit. Haring was a popularAmerican pop and graffiti artist known for his colorful work 1980s.
Most people know him by his iconic motifs such as the radiant baby and the barking dog, said Shannon Bailey Chief Curator at The World Chess Hall of Fame.
The exhibition includes a never-before-seen private collection of Harings work and over 130 pieces of artwork placed across two floors of the institution.
This is the largest solo collection of Harings work ever shown in St. Louis, said Bailey. Its such an honor to show everyone his work.
And when asked about the publics reaction since the opening, Bailey responded Its been fantastic.
Keith Haring is such a popular, beloved artist, said Bailey. And with so many people binge-watching, The Queens Gambit on Netflixs they are feeling inspired.
Due to the pandemic, they are only allowing groups of 10 people or less inside the gallery.
We are doing everything to ensure safety, said Bailey. Once you enter you will get your temperature taken, and fill out a quick questionnaire and be asked to stay 6 feet apart from other guests.
During the exhibition, you will also be able to see several Keith Haring-inspired chess sets and murals from four local St. Louis artists. We love working with St. Louis artists, and this year we have partnered with four.
Bailey said she wants everyone who visits to leave feeling entertained and informed. You dont have to feel intimidated when you come in, said Bailey.
If you are a seasoned chess player or grandmaster you will learn something cool about art, and if you are an artist you are going to learn something about chess, Bailey added. We want to make sure that everyone learns something new.
Read the rest here:
- Grand Chess Tour Returns to Board With Superbet Classic in Romania - uschess.org - June 11th, 2021
- Abhimanyu Mishra: World's youngest grandmaster in the making - THE WEEK - June 11th, 2021
- Catch The Clash's grand champions in today's episode of 'Rise Up Stronger: The Road to NCAA Season 96' - GMA Network - June 11th, 2021
- Chess on the water at Hempel World Cup Series - Allianz Regatta - International Sailing Federation - June 11th, 2021
- Aamir Khan to battle Viswanathan Anand in a game of chess to raise money for fighting Covid-19 - The Indian Express - June 11th, 2021
- Asian Zonal Hybrid Chess Ranindu wins to reach third place - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - June 11th, 2021
- FTX Crypto Cup: Caruana wins the prelims, Carlsen and Nepo qualify - Chessbase News - May 30th, 2021
- Throwback Thursday: Ivanchuk wins the 2016 World Rapid Championship - Chessbase News - May 18th, 2021
- Anish Giri wins the Mr Dodgy Invitational again! - chess24 - May 18th, 2021
- US Trainer Khachiyan Recognized by FIDE, Wins First Liu Wenzhe Award - uschess.org - May 18th, 2021
- Coronavirus | Good response to GMs moves - The Hindu - May 18th, 2021
- MDI 2, Day 2: Jobava dances to win over Grischuk - chess24 - May 18th, 2021
- On chess: Grandmaster Ian Nepomniachtchi Wins FIDE Candidates, Qualifying To Face face Magnus Carlsen In The World Chess Championship - St. Louis... - May 5th, 2021
- How NOT To Improve At Chess - Chess.com - May 5th, 2021
- Editors Picks: 11 Events for Your Calendar This Week, From a Chess Grandmaster at the Rubin to a Modern Spin on Artemisia Gentileschi - artnet News - May 5th, 2021
- Let's talk about the Candidates... with Eric van Reem and Jonathan Tisdall - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- The Mind Hack Will Smith Uses to Stay Focused and Motivated - menshealth.com - May 5th, 2021
- Nepomniachtchi: 'I Don't Have The Tendency To Downgrade Myself' - Chess.com - May 5th, 2021
- The Armageddon of cancel culture - TheArticle - May 5th, 2021
- Fischer, Karpov and Kortschnoi - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- Candidates Round 14: Ding, MVL and Alekseenko finish on a high note - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- World #6 chess grandmaster compares watching esports to watching chess - PC Gamer - April 21st, 2021
- Worth the Wait in Gold: Caruana Wins in Candidates Restart - uschess.org - April 21st, 2021
- Will Smith Reveals His Favorite Moment From 'The Pursuit of Happyness' - Yahoo Entertainment - April 21st, 2021
- Square Off is a smart chessboard that lets you challenge opponents anywhere - Boing Boing - April 21st, 2021
- Lime and its competitors plan to flood parts of NYC with e-scooters - Mashable - April 21st, 2021
- Rising Through The Ranks: Queens 12-Year-Old Has Eyes On One Day Being Chess Grandmaster - CBS New York - April 5th, 2021
- Explained: Can Grandmasters cheat in online chess and get away? - The Indian Express - April 5th, 2021
- an ode to chess - The Brown Daily Herald - April 5th, 2021
- FIDE World University Championship Participants Disqualified Without 'Proof Of Actual Cheating' - Chess.com - April 5th, 2021
- BINGE IT!: Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' teaches the game of life through chess - WALB - April 5th, 2021
- On Chess: Online Chess Interest Soars Since The Start Of The Pandemic - St. Louis Public Radio - April 5th, 2021
- Instructive endgames from the European Club Cup - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- The Meeple Guild: Chess in Canada: Part II - Yorkton This Week - April 5th, 2021
- Euro Club Cup: Clichy and Deizisau in the lead - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- Chess: Guildford, unbeaten for eight years, find the strongest ever Eurocup a bridge too far - Financial Times - April 5th, 2021
- IBM's New Debater AI is a Terrible Idea, Here's Why - Digital Information World - April 5th, 2021
- Go From Chess Beginner To Master With This Mega Bundle Of Courses, Now Less Than $40 - IGN Southeast Asia - February 20th, 2021
- AI mistakes black and white chess chat for racism - The Independent - February 20th, 2021
- This aluminum chessboard and its iconic chess pieces have been crafted for the millennial grandmasters - Yanko Design - February 17th, 2021
- AICF to start Indian Chess League - The Indian Express - February 17th, 2021
- Why our relationship with young achievers is so complicated - BBC News - February 17th, 2021
- Chess: Wesley So notches another title at world No. 1 Magnus Carlsens expense - ABS-CBN News - February 17th, 2021
- Were all content businesses: esports orgs borrow from the media owners playbook in search for new revenues - Digiday - February 15th, 2021
- Titled Tuesday: Svidler Winning With Grunfeld - Chess.com - February 12th, 2021
- A chess game without chess - Knight's Retreat is now on Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4 and Switch - TheXboxHub - February 12th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit and The Modern Era of Chess - The Oberlin Review - February 12th, 2021
- Opera Euro Rapid QF: Carlsen, So and MVL off to winning starts - Chessbase News - February 12th, 2021
- Fat Fritz 2: The Best of Both Worlds - Chessbase News - February 12th, 2021
- Morning sports update: Bart Scott thinks Patriots fans will run Bill Belichick out of town without quarterback fix - Boston.com - February 12th, 2021
- LeBron James' longevity and consistency will define him in the end as Los Angeles Lakers push for another title - Sky Sports - February 12th, 2021
- Loving the Alien | chess24.com - chess24 - February 10th, 2021
- Levon Aronian's mother speaks in defense of her son - Information-Analytic Agency NEWS.am - February 10th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit: Why Beth Ending Up Single Was The Best Choice - Screen Rant - February 7th, 2021
- Chess grandmaster rates 7 chess scenes in movies and TV for accuracy - Insider - Insider - February 6th, 2021
- Equity derivatives house of the year: Citi - Risk.net - February 6th, 2021
- Chess Is a Netflix Star. How About Other Games? - The Wall Street Journal - February 6th, 2021
- Four Americans to Play in Third Champions Tour Event - uschess.org - February 6th, 2021
- Here are some films based on sports that are in the pipeline - The Tribune India - February 6th, 2021
- Soccer looks to AI for an edge: Could an algorithm really predict injuries? - ESPN - February 6th, 2021
- How the Queens Gambit Made Me a Better Investor - Wealth Morning - February 6th, 2021
- Nihal Sarin: Well-guided and on the right path - Sportstar - February 4th, 2021
- Shane Battier says there was no player he wanted to beat more than Kobe - Silver Screen and Roll - February 3rd, 2021
- COLUMN: Hobbies are essential in the pandemic - The Depaulia - February 1st, 2021
- Tony Romo on Super Bowl for Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes - The Athletic - February 1st, 2021
- What Thanos Black Order Did After His Death in the Comics - Screen Rant - February 1st, 2021
- 15 People Whose IQs Are Higher Than Albert Einstein's and What They Do For a Living - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - January 28th, 2021
- Chess: Carlsen loses to 18-year-old Russian as a new generation surges at Wijk - Financial Times - January 26th, 2021
- Niemann on Earning the GM Title | US Chess.org - uschess.org - January 26th, 2021
- The ultimate Grandmaster | Opinion | kelownadailycourier.ca - The Daily Courier - January 26th, 2021
- "The game of the lady" on Netflix, "Grandmaster" for chess players - Vaughan Today - January 25th, 2021
- Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival 2021 hosts Checkmate with World Champion Viswanathan Anand in conversation with Boria Majumder - United News of... - January 25th, 2021
- Nano Dimension Appoints Dr. Eli David to the Board of Directors - GlobeNewswire - January 25th, 2021
- Nano Dimension Appoints Dr. Eli David to the Board of Directors - StreetInsider.com - January 23rd, 2021
- What does it take to be a grandmaster chess champion? | Watch News Videos Online - Globalnews.ca - January 20th, 2021
- Who are the Botez Sisters, one of chess's most popular streamers? - Sports Interactive Network Philippines - January 20th, 2021
- The best make a welcome return to the chessboard - Washington Times - January 20th, 2021
- How to learn chess online: Beef up your skills with these courses - Mashable - January 20th, 2021
- This wooden chess, checkers, and backgammon set will definitely class up your game night - Boing Boing - January 20th, 2021
- Soviet humour and the Great Yoghurt Gambit - TheArticle - January 20th, 2021