The second season ofA Discovery of Witches is almost here after two years, and fans are so incredibly excited to see what happens next for Matthew and Diana! Now, for me, I personally adored the second novel, Shadow of Night, much more than the first, so I cannot wait to see the adventures unfold on-screen!
With it having been so long, a recap may be necessary for some if you havent had the time to rewatch the series! Read on to discover our episodic recap, and if you want to go into more detail, click the episode title to read that episodes recap in full!
The new season ofA Discovery of Witches premieres January 8th 2021 on Sky One and NOW TV (UK) and January 9th 2021 on Sundance Now and Shudder (US & Canada). In Australia, fans will be able to watch new episodes on Binge.
Diana Bishop wishes to continue her research on alchemy by learning more from Elias Ashmoles manuscripts at the Bodleian Library in Oxford. When she opens Ashmole 782, she discovers missing pages and hidden, scrambling words that brand her. It causes a flurry of feelings and interest amongst many, including the handsome vampire Matthew Clairmont as he has been searching for Ashmole 782 for centuries to help him learn more about their origins and he later introduces himself to Diana and both asks and warns her about the manuscript. Meanwhile, Peter and Satu visit Dianas witch friend Gillian and Sylvia to find out what happened with the manuscript and learn of Diana discovering it, of whom he already knows of. Matthew begins to watch over Diana in hopes she will reveal the manuscript once more.
Matthew went on a little hunting trip with his friend Hamish as hes been craving Dianas blood. After chatting to him, Matthew decides he must protect Diana. Meanwhile, Peter Knox and Satu arrive in Oxford and approach Diana about Ashmole 782, and Diana later has an altercation with the both of them. We are also introduced to Domenico, Juliette, and Gerbert in Venice who all seem to know Matthew. Diana and Matthew learn more about one another, along with Diana opening up about Ashmole 782.
Matthew and Diana spend the day together, which eventuated to Diana asking Matthew to dinner. All didnt go to plan with Knox turning up, but Diana did get to kiss Matthew before he hastily left afterwards. We were introduced to daemons Nathaniel, Sophie, and Agatha and it seems Sophie may have a special link to Diana. At the end of the episode, Diana confronts Knox and her magic flares up with witchwind, and Matthew has to help her get it under control. With danger looming, Matthew decides to take her to his home Sept-Tours and he kisses her before leaving.
Matthew and Diana arrived at Sept-Tours where Matthews mother Ysabeau lives. The pair spent plenty of time together horse riding and dancing, all the while receiving disapproving looks and comments from Ysabeau. Meanwhile, the full Congregation met to discover Matthew and Diana, which resulted in a visit from Domenico at Sept-Tours. Domenico realised Matthews feelings and Diana learned that species intermix when it comes to the heart. After a break in at the lab and Diana professing her love, Matthew says he must go and leaves Diana in tears.
Matthew attacked Gillian after she broke into his lab, while Ysabeau took Diana hunting. Hamish pops up briefly to tell Matthew to essentially follow his heart, despite there going to be consequences, while Ysabeau uses Matthews past loves as a way to deter Diana. However, this doesnt stop them and Matthew races back to Sept-Tours with Dianas DNA results and his confession: he loves her. This results in some bundling and Matthew saying Diana somehow shows way more markers than a modern-day witch should.
Diana is tortured by Satu, but eventually rescued by Baldwin and Matthew. While with Satu, Diana had a vision of her parents and recalled a story they used to tell her about a trapped witch and a dark prince. Upon returning to Sept-Tours, they realise Diana was spellbound, but after her ordeal with Satu, she is free. We also learn Sophie is actually born of witches, and her baby with Nathaniel seems to be a witch, even though she is a daemon.
Diana and Matthew headed to Madison to learn more about Diana being spellbound and we saw flashbacks to Dianas parents who were the ones that did it in order to protect Diana. She begins her training, but in a moment of frustration, it seems Diana inherited her fathers ability to timewalk, while later on, Matthew tries to help Dianas training in the woods. However, this just leads to a steamy scene for the pair. Marcus and Miriam arrive at the house to help and the house gives Diana a letter from her father, which includes a page from Ashmole 782. As for our other creatures, Juliette leaves Gerbert, Sophie reveals she is born to witches, Satu is captured, and Knox was the one who killed Dianas parents. At the end of the episode, Diana comes across Juliette
Juliette holds Diana hostage and she soon slices Matthews throat. Dianas magic flares with witchfire that forms a bow and arrow, which kills Juliette instantly. Matthew is dying and so Diana calls upon the goddess to help her and agrees to anything in exchange for saving Matthew and so she is given a knife and forces him to drink from her. After recovering from the ordeal, Matthew is worried someone else will find them and he proposes they timewalk and to hide somewhere in time. Meanwhile, Gerbert wants to team up with Knox to destroy the de Clermonts and find Diana.
At the Bishop household, Diana discovers a poppet and finds a pearl earring and Matthew recognises it as Ysabeaus, which was lost hundreds of years ago. Matthew requests items from various times in order to determine when they should travel to. Sophie visits them and gives Diana a figurine and Em recognises it as Diana, the goddess of the hunt, but Matthew recognises it as a white queen chess piece he once used. He realises the earring and chess piece are from the same night, All Souls Night orHalloween.
At her trial, Satu accuses Baldwin of working with Matthew to keep Diana from the Congregation, and that is why she did what she did. But in the end, only Gerbert, Satu, and Knox accuse Baldwin of treason.
Sarah and Em are headed to Sept-Tours, and Matthew gives Marcus a letter, which appoints him as grandmaster of the Knights. Now out of time, Knox, Gerbert, and Satu arrive at the Bishop household, so Matthew gives Diana a final item: Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. The pair are headed to 1590 London when the door flies off just as their about to put their foot down and Diana spins around Did they make it? (Well, we know they do because of the season 2 trailer, but nevertheless, it was still a cliffhanger for some!)
See the article here:
- Training young dogs walking this way and that is a gift these days - Minneapolis Star Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- 'A tactical mind' - The inside story of how Dean Smith became Aston Villa's very own grand master - MSN UK - February 20th, 2021
- This is very unfortunate to have such incident: Jhulan Goswami on Manu Bhaker Delhi Airport incident - India Today - February 20th, 2021
- What prison libraries have to offer insidetime & insideinformation - InsideTime - February 17th, 2021
- Maxfield says unbeaten for Godolphin with stroll in the park win in the Grade 3 Mineshaft at the Fair Grounds - Past The Wire - February 15th, 2021
- Montville Recreation Offering Winter and Spring Programs - TAPinto.net - February 15th, 2021
- New Jersey Fencer Tsapatsaris Moves to Greece for Olympic Dream - The National Herald - February 15th, 2021
- A beautiful mind: Tom Brady has mastered the art of quarterbacking - The Boston Globe - February 7th, 2021
- Gary & Paul O'Donovan: 'Mam always sternly warned to never let a woman get in the way' - Irish Examiner - February 7th, 2021
- Beggars leave behind Jaipurs streets to pick up vocational skills - The Siasat Daily - February 7th, 2021
- Raise of the Sun | Connecticut Pro Basketball | journalinquirer.com - Journal Inquirer - February 6th, 2021
- One Year of On-Demand IT Training Special Promotion - CIO Dive - February 6th, 2021
- Kill the Homothetic Army: Gen. Guy Hubin's Vision of the Future Battlefield - War on the Rocks - February 4th, 2021
- Revealed: The best chambers for training and quality of work 2021 - Legal Cheek - February 3rd, 2021
- Coral Springs Recognizes Over 20 Members of the Community During Black History Month - Coral Springs Talk - Coral Springs Talk - February 3rd, 2021
- Watching The Queens Gambit? Master the game of chess with this extensive training bundle - KSAT San Antonio - February 1st, 2021
- Thomas Tuchels transformation from crazy man to chess-style tactics grandmaster detailed by former team- - The Sun - February 1st, 2021
- MLB Players Are Pissed With Rob Manfred Again, This Time Because Of Possible Spring Training Delay - Awesemo.com - February 1st, 2021
- Three reasons why you should play chess The Badger Herald - UW Badger Herald - January 28th, 2021
- To err is not just human: U of T researchers develop AI that plays chess like a person - News@UofT - January 28th, 2021
- Robert Saleh's journey to the New York Jets began with 9/11 epiphany - ESPN - January 28th, 2021
- Chess during downtime: How the Corps wants to increase 'thinking' in Marine infantry - Marine Corps Times - January 26th, 2021
- Using chess to help deal with addictions - Chessbase News - January 26th, 2021
- Gerry Thornley: Without crowds, matches are just upgraded training sessions - The Irish Times - January 26th, 2021
- Here's where Peoria council District 1 candidates stand on taxes, business growth, pensions - Peoria Journal Star - January 26th, 2021
- Robert Saleh's journey to the New York Jets began with 9/11 epiphany - ESPN Philippines - January 26th, 2021
- Welcome to FIFA.com News - The Week in Quotes - FIFA.com - January 25th, 2021
- Premier League stars share their tips on how to stay positive during the national lockdown - Ghanasoccernet.com - January 23rd, 2021
- This surprising pre-round warm-up will improve your game, according to a study - Golf.com - January 23rd, 2021
- Brittany Bowe starts abbreviated international season, hungry to return as queen of 1000m - Home of the Olympic Channel - January 23rd, 2021
- The influencer who is a chess star and the Beth Harmon of our time - The Courier - January 15th, 2021
- Former professor and an internationally rated chess player, Raghavan is taking chess to underprivileged k - Times of India - January 9th, 2021
- Ex-Viking Everson Griffen: 'It's Never Been About the Money!' - Heavy.com - January 9th, 2021
- Hobbies: January is the perfect time to explore new activities | GUIDON - Myguidon - January 9th, 2021
- A year like no other: The good, bad and sad of Indian sport in 2020 - Scroll.in - January 4th, 2021
- 17 Hoboken + Jersey City News Stories You Missed This Week - hobokengirl.com - January 4th, 2021
- Stop the pawns! - Chessbase News - December 31st, 2020
- In Beginners, a Writer Takes Up Chess and Surfing and Singing and Juggling and - The New York Times - December 31st, 2020
- The year of innovation: The 2020 silver linings playbook, brought to you by sport - ESPN India - December 31st, 2020
- How generation Z are taking over the cycling world - Cycling Weekly - December 31st, 2020
- Up close with Anand - BusinessLine - December 31st, 2020
- 8 movies and shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video from 2020 that sparked larger conversations - VOGUE India - December 31st, 2020
- France and the United States are fighting for the 17-year-old genius. He had to turn away - R&R Magazine (www.randrlife.co.uk) Rest and Relax - December 29th, 2020
- Ghost of the tura: Of lost skills, tradition and language The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 27th, 2020
- Ho, Ho, Hockeytown: A holiday guide to Detroit Red Wings' past, present and future - Detroit Free Press - December 26th, 2020
- Holiday happenings in Pittsburgh, from the Hip Hop Nutcracker online to First Night's virtual celebration - NEXTpittsburgh - December 23rd, 2020
- This Years Lakers Are Just Built Different. Time Will Tell If Thats a Good Thing. - The Ringer - December 23rd, 2020
- Timberwolves must defend to win, and Karl-Anthony Towns knows it - West Central Tribune - December 23rd, 2020
- LESSONS FROM THE PAST 12: Are Indians Too Individualistic? - Moneylife - December 23rd, 2020
- The 2020 Vikings offense is good until it has to be - Minneapolis Star Tribune - December 22nd, 2020
- Community groups in the Harborough area get a share of just over 30,000, thanks to the Market Harborough Building Society Charitable Foundation -... - December 20th, 2020
- Meet the modern-day Beth Harmon, a chess influencer who started training when she was 6 years old - Insider - INSIDER - December 18th, 2020
- 2020 in Review | 10 AI Papers That Made an Impact - Synced - December 18th, 2020
- Artoo, take the wheel: U-2 spy plane flies for the first time with an AI co-pilot - DefenseNews.com - December 18th, 2020
- Star Wars: Every Apprentice Palpatine Had (In Canon and Legends) - Screen Rant - December 18th, 2020
- AI co-pilots US Air Force spy plane for the first time - The Next Web - December 18th, 2020
- Meet the modern-day Beth Harmon, a chess influencer who started training when she was 6 years old - Business Insider India - December 18th, 2020
- RING CITY USA OFFICIAL WEIGHTS AND QUOTES AHEAD OF FINAL THURSDAY FIGHT NIGHT OF 2020 Boxing News Boxing, UFC and MMA News, Fight Results, Schedule,... - December 18th, 2020
- Exclusive Giroud and Kante interview | Official Site - Chelsea FC - December 17th, 2020
- Air Force uses AI on military flight for first time | TheHill - The Hill - December 17th, 2020
- Z-Corp in association with OCC launches online platform to teach chess - Times of Oman - December 16th, 2020
- Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold on What It's Really Like to Endure the Premier League's Notorious "Festive Period" - InsideHook - December 16th, 2020
- The View from 2nd Marine Air Wing: The Perspective of Major General Cederholm - Second Line of Defense - Second Line of Defense - December 16th, 2020
- Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand opens an online academy to find the next Anand - Business Insider India - December 15th, 2020
- 5 Free Ways to Learn How to Play Chess Online and Improve Your Skills - MakeUseOf - December 13th, 2020
- Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation Courses Go (Mostly) Virtual for Winter 2021 - ThurstonTalk - December 13th, 2020
- Clean and Clear Advantage Recovery drug rehab has open house - Parkersburg News - December 13th, 2020
- Singapore chess and The Queen's Gambit: Has the Netflix show raised interest in the game? - CNA - December 12th, 2020
- Maybe shake hands and move on? - Plainsman - December 11th, 2020
- Media Bashing of Murray Taken to New Lows - Revenge of the Birds - December 11th, 2020
- The real Queens Gambit: Judit Polgar | Culture| Arts, music and lifestyle reporting from Germany - DW (English) - December 9th, 2020
- Dear Adult Leaders: We're Still Teaching Like We're Training 19th Century Factory Workers. Think Beyond Classroom Walls to Nurture Innovators and... - December 9th, 2020
- Facebook Gaming Launches The New Black Gaming Creator Program - Bleeding Cool News - December 9th, 2020
- What the Tech? Gadget Gifts: Chess Set and Mirror - Alabama News - Alabama News Network - December 8th, 2020
- 'Capitalists tend to adopt technologies only as and when they suit their purposes' - Morning Star Online - December 8th, 2020
- Wanderers' Jems Geffrard is ready for 2021: 'We have unfinished business' - Canadian Premier League - December 8th, 2020
- "All we have done really is earned another two weeks' training" - GAA Football & Hurling - December 8th, 2020
- Rob Pelinka, Frank Vogel are excited about the state of the Lakers - Silver Screen and Roll - December 6th, 2020
- Online interactive chess training - The Hindu - December 5th, 2020
- India at the Para Olympiad: In conversation with FM Niranjan Navalgund - Sportskeeda - December 5th, 2020