Los Angeles December 16, 2020 Super welterweightsCharles Conwell(13-0, 10 KOs) andMadiyar Ashkeyev(14-0, 7 KOs) made weight on Wednesday prior to their 10-Round headlining fight tomorrow night from Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles. Both men hit the scales at an even 154 lbs. The fights will air live on NBCSN at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST in what will be Ring Citys third and final fight night of 2020.
For the co-feature bout, Womens WBA Featherweight ChampionJelena Mrdjenovich(40-10-2, 19 KOs) and her challengerPaola Torres(12-4-1, 4 KOs) both weighed in below the Featherweight limit with Mrdjenovich coming in at 125.6 and Torres at 124.2. Their bout will open the broadcast.Junior FeatherweightsEduardo Baez(17-1-2, 6 KOs) andNarek Abgaryan(14-0, 6 KOs) weighed in ahead of their eight-round special feature matchup at 119.8 and 120 lbs. respectively.
Headlining the RCUSA TWiTCH channel portion of the card will be undefeatedStephan Shaw(13-0, 10 KOs) and once-beatenLyubomyr Pinchuk(12-1-1, 7 KOs) in an eight-round Heavyweight matchup. Shaw came in at a svelte 235 lbs., while Pinchuk weighed 223 lbs. The opening bout on TWiTCH will feature the professional debuts ofKelvin DavisandMichael Honesto, who meet in a four-round Junior Welterweight matchup. Davis and Honesto both came in at the division limit of 140 lbs. In additional action, undefeatedEric Priest(2-0, 2 KOs) andAngel Mendezface off in a four-round Middleweight fight in what will be Juarezs professional debut. Both Priest and Mendez weighed in at 160 lbs.
Former two-time welterweight champion Shawn Porter will call the action alongside NBC Sports blow-by-blow commentator Todd Harris. Brian Campbell will serve as fight night analyst with Curran Bhatia reporting from ringside. The full Ring City fight card will air live on NBC Sports Network on Thursday, Dec. 17 at 9pm EST/6pm PST. Ring City fights will stream live on the NBC Sports app, with highlights featured on NBC Sports YouTube Channel.
Super Welterweights 10 Rounds
Charles Conwell: 154 lbs.
Madiyar Ashkeyev: 154 lbs.
Womens Featherweights 10 Rounds
Jelena Mrdjenovich: 125.6 lbs.
Paola Torres: 124.2 lbs.
Bantamweights 8 Rounds
Eduardo Baez: 119.8 lbs
Narek Abgaryan: 120 lbs
Featured TWiTCH Action:
Heavyweights 8 Rounds
Stephan Shaw 235 lbs.
Lyubomyr Pinchuk 223 lbs.
Junior Welterweights 4 Rounds
Kelvin Davis 140 lbs.
Michael Honesto 140 lbs.
(Swing Bout)Middleweights 4 Rounds
Eric Priest 160 lbs.
Angel Mendez Juarez 160 lbs.
You will see tomorrow night what I can bring. Im not overlooking Ashkeyev, Im looking to prove ourselves [my team]. Tomorrow will be a great show. We all want the belts!
I consider this fight as a home team advantage. California is my second home. You guys will also see that I can box, apply pressure, and be versatile.
Im excited for this fight. I saw a fighter [Torres] who is ready, and I respect that. I know my trainer [Milan] isnt here, but all these firsts in this fight are part of this. I fought depression, and I will use my experience to my advantage to conquer that feeling. My number of knockouts is more than the fights she has fought. Its going to be a war.
Last time, I took a bigger leap to challenge the titles that was a mistake. But now I have more experience and I can use that in the ring. I know [Mrdjenovich] has more experience. This is why preparation is important we studied her in order to perform well.
This is my U.S. Debut. Im very happy about this. Especially because its in LA Theres a lot of boxing here. I saw that my opponent was very confident, but my team has as much confidence as he does.
I love to play chess and tomorrow, I will show you guys how I play chess very fast. Even though Im small, thats nothing new to me. I will fight and be strong for my family and friends, fans here in the U.S. and for Armenia!
This will be my first fight in 378 days. Im itching to get in the ring. Its been a while, but we are here now. Training with top fighters like [Andy] Ruiz and [Deontay] Wilder helped me feel what it is like to be a Champion and be a Champion myself doing my own thing. If a knockout presents itself, Im will definitely take it.
All I know is Im prepared, and you guys will see a good fight. Im not even worried about the size, thats actually [Shaws] only advantage. Im smarter and a better boxer. I cant wait to introduce myself to this new audience. They will see a Russian Tyson Fury.
About Ring City USA
Ring City is boxings newest sports media platform. Working in tandem with a variety of promoters and talent, its new boxing series places an emphasis on competitive matchups that genuinely test the fighters and excite the fight fans. Ring City provides great fights in the ring and compelling shoulder programming outside of the ring. Ring City is the proving ground where up-and-coming talent can earn their stripes and launch themselves into the upper echelon of boxing stardom.
# # #
- Training young dogs walking this way and that is a gift these days - Minneapolis Star Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- 'A tactical mind' - The inside story of how Dean Smith became Aston Villa's very own grand master - MSN UK - February 20th, 2021
- This is very unfortunate to have such incident: Jhulan Goswami on Manu Bhaker Delhi Airport incident - India Today - February 20th, 2021
- What prison libraries have to offer insidetime & insideinformation - InsideTime - February 17th, 2021
- Maxfield says unbeaten for Godolphin with stroll in the park win in the Grade 3 Mineshaft at the Fair Grounds - Past The Wire - February 15th, 2021
- Montville Recreation Offering Winter and Spring Programs - TAPinto.net - February 15th, 2021
- New Jersey Fencer Tsapatsaris Moves to Greece for Olympic Dream - The National Herald - February 15th, 2021
- A beautiful mind: Tom Brady has mastered the art of quarterbacking - The Boston Globe - February 7th, 2021
- Gary & Paul O'Donovan: 'Mam always sternly warned to never let a woman get in the way' - Irish Examiner - February 7th, 2021
- Beggars leave behind Jaipurs streets to pick up vocational skills - The Siasat Daily - February 7th, 2021
- Raise of the Sun | Connecticut Pro Basketball | journalinquirer.com - Journal Inquirer - February 6th, 2021
- One Year of On-Demand IT Training Special Promotion - CIO Dive - February 6th, 2021
- Kill the Homothetic Army: Gen. Guy Hubin's Vision of the Future Battlefield - War on the Rocks - February 4th, 2021
- Revealed: The best chambers for training and quality of work 2021 - Legal Cheek - February 3rd, 2021
- Coral Springs Recognizes Over 20 Members of the Community During Black History Month - Coral Springs Talk - Coral Springs Talk - February 3rd, 2021
- Watching The Queens Gambit? Master the game of chess with this extensive training bundle - KSAT San Antonio - February 1st, 2021
- Thomas Tuchels transformation from crazy man to chess-style tactics grandmaster detailed by former team- - The Sun - February 1st, 2021
- MLB Players Are Pissed With Rob Manfred Again, This Time Because Of Possible Spring Training Delay - Awesemo.com - February 1st, 2021
- Three reasons why you should play chess The Badger Herald - UW Badger Herald - January 28th, 2021
- To err is not just human: U of T researchers develop AI that plays chess like a person - News@UofT - January 28th, 2021
- Robert Saleh's journey to the New York Jets began with 9/11 epiphany - ESPN - January 28th, 2021
- Chess during downtime: How the Corps wants to increase 'thinking' in Marine infantry - Marine Corps Times - January 26th, 2021
- Using chess to help deal with addictions - Chessbase News - January 26th, 2021
- Gerry Thornley: Without crowds, matches are just upgraded training sessions - The Irish Times - January 26th, 2021
- Here's where Peoria council District 1 candidates stand on taxes, business growth, pensions - Peoria Journal Star - January 26th, 2021
- Robert Saleh's journey to the New York Jets began with 9/11 epiphany - ESPN Philippines - January 26th, 2021
- Welcome to FIFA.com News - The Week in Quotes - FIFA.com - January 25th, 2021
- Premier League stars share their tips on how to stay positive during the national lockdown - Ghanasoccernet.com - January 23rd, 2021
- This surprising pre-round warm-up will improve your game, according to a study - Golf.com - January 23rd, 2021
- Brittany Bowe starts abbreviated international season, hungry to return as queen of 1000m - Home of the Olympic Channel - January 23rd, 2021
- The influencer who is a chess star and the Beth Harmon of our time - The Courier - January 15th, 2021
- Former professor and an internationally rated chess player, Raghavan is taking chess to underprivileged k - Times of India - January 9th, 2021
- Ex-Viking Everson Griffen: 'It's Never Been About the Money!' - Heavy.com - January 9th, 2021
- Hobbies: January is the perfect time to explore new activities | GUIDON - Myguidon - January 9th, 2021
- A year like no other: The good, bad and sad of Indian sport in 2020 - Scroll.in - January 4th, 2021
- 17 Hoboken + Jersey City News Stories You Missed This Week - hobokengirl.com - January 4th, 2021
- Stop the pawns! - Chessbase News - December 31st, 2020
- In Beginners, a Writer Takes Up Chess and Surfing and Singing and Juggling and - The New York Times - December 31st, 2020
- The year of innovation: The 2020 silver linings playbook, brought to you by sport - ESPN India - December 31st, 2020
- How generation Z are taking over the cycling world - Cycling Weekly - December 31st, 2020
- Up close with Anand - BusinessLine - December 31st, 2020
- 8 movies and shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video from 2020 that sparked larger conversations - VOGUE India - December 31st, 2020
- A Discovery of Witches Season 1 Recap - The Nerd Daily - December 29th, 2020
- France and the United States are fighting for the 17-year-old genius. He had to turn away - R&R Magazine (www.randrlife.co.uk) Rest and Relax - December 29th, 2020
- Ghost of the tura: Of lost skills, tradition and language The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 27th, 2020
- Ho, Ho, Hockeytown: A holiday guide to Detroit Red Wings' past, present and future - Detroit Free Press - December 26th, 2020
- Holiday happenings in Pittsburgh, from the Hip Hop Nutcracker online to First Night's virtual celebration - NEXTpittsburgh - December 23rd, 2020
- This Years Lakers Are Just Built Different. Time Will Tell If Thats a Good Thing. - The Ringer - December 23rd, 2020
- Timberwolves must defend to win, and Karl-Anthony Towns knows it - West Central Tribune - December 23rd, 2020
- LESSONS FROM THE PAST 12: Are Indians Too Individualistic? - Moneylife - December 23rd, 2020
- The 2020 Vikings offense is good until it has to be - Minneapolis Star Tribune - December 22nd, 2020
- Community groups in the Harborough area get a share of just over 30,000, thanks to the Market Harborough Building Society Charitable Foundation -... - December 20th, 2020
- Meet the modern-day Beth Harmon, a chess influencer who started training when she was 6 years old - Insider - INSIDER - December 18th, 2020
- 2020 in Review | 10 AI Papers That Made an Impact - Synced - December 18th, 2020
- Artoo, take the wheel: U-2 spy plane flies for the first time with an AI co-pilot - DefenseNews.com - December 18th, 2020
- Star Wars: Every Apprentice Palpatine Had (In Canon and Legends) - Screen Rant - December 18th, 2020
- AI co-pilots US Air Force spy plane for the first time - The Next Web - December 18th, 2020
- Meet the modern-day Beth Harmon, a chess influencer who started training when she was 6 years old - Business Insider India - December 18th, 2020
- Exclusive Giroud and Kante interview | Official Site - Chelsea FC - December 17th, 2020
- Air Force uses AI on military flight for first time | TheHill - The Hill - December 17th, 2020
- Z-Corp in association with OCC launches online platform to teach chess - Times of Oman - December 16th, 2020
- Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold on What It's Really Like to Endure the Premier League's Notorious "Festive Period" - InsideHook - December 16th, 2020
- The View from 2nd Marine Air Wing: The Perspective of Major General Cederholm - Second Line of Defense - Second Line of Defense - December 16th, 2020
- Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand opens an online academy to find the next Anand - Business Insider India - December 15th, 2020
- 5 Free Ways to Learn How to Play Chess Online and Improve Your Skills - MakeUseOf - December 13th, 2020
- Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation Courses Go (Mostly) Virtual for Winter 2021 - ThurstonTalk - December 13th, 2020
- Clean and Clear Advantage Recovery drug rehab has open house - Parkersburg News - December 13th, 2020
- Singapore chess and The Queen's Gambit: Has the Netflix show raised interest in the game? - CNA - December 12th, 2020
- Maybe shake hands and move on? - Plainsman - December 11th, 2020
- Media Bashing of Murray Taken to New Lows - Revenge of the Birds - December 11th, 2020
- The real Queens Gambit: Judit Polgar | Culture| Arts, music and lifestyle reporting from Germany - DW (English) - December 9th, 2020
- Dear Adult Leaders: We're Still Teaching Like We're Training 19th Century Factory Workers. Think Beyond Classroom Walls to Nurture Innovators and... - December 9th, 2020
- Facebook Gaming Launches The New Black Gaming Creator Program - Bleeding Cool News - December 9th, 2020
- What the Tech? Gadget Gifts: Chess Set and Mirror - Alabama News - Alabama News Network - December 8th, 2020
- 'Capitalists tend to adopt technologies only as and when they suit their purposes' - Morning Star Online - December 8th, 2020
- Wanderers' Jems Geffrard is ready for 2021: 'We have unfinished business' - Canadian Premier League - December 8th, 2020
- "All we have done really is earned another two weeks' training" - GAA Football & Hurling - December 8th, 2020
- Rob Pelinka, Frank Vogel are excited about the state of the Lakers - Silver Screen and Roll - December 6th, 2020
- Online interactive chess training - The Hindu - December 5th, 2020
- India at the Para Olympiad: In conversation with FM Niranjan Navalgund - Sportskeeda - December 5th, 2020