Triple support for eXate with three investors raising 2.3m in seed round
eXate, a London-based data software firm, has announced a 2.3m seed round led by Outward VC, with additional backing from ING Ventures and Triple Point Ventures.
The funding will enable eXate to grow its team, accelerating platform development and expanding into new geographies and verticals.
Triple Point invests in various areas with societal significance including energy efficiency and social housing. It currently manages over 1.8bn of private, institutional and public capital.
ING Ventures is the venture capital arm of ING, a 300m (270m) fund making minority investments in early-stage companies with disruptive technologies that have strategic relevance to ING.
Outward VC is a venture capital fund that backs European fintech startups and enterprise technology.
WestBridge, the private equity firm, has supported the senior management team at construction software company Eque2 with 29m in backing to acquire the business from its existing shareholders.
The transaction provides an exit for LDC, which backed a 16m secondary buyout with a minority investment in November 2017, and the current institutional shareholders.
M.R Machine Knives Limited, a Sheffield-based machine knife manufacturer, has raised 4m from Foresight Group LLP.
The investment will drive MRMKs plans to diversify its customer base by targeting new sectors and geographies as well as expanding its product range.
Foresight is an independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager with over 6.5 bn of assets under management across a number of funds.
bp has acquired a majority stake in carbon offset developer Finite Carbon which has 50 carbon projects on three million acres in the US, generating more than $500m (367m) in revenue for landowners.
bp will bring the firm into its in-house business accelerator, bp Launchpad and supply additional investment, which is expected to bolster Finite Carbons expansion, including into new geographical markets. This increased support will aid the delivery of a further $1bn (735.6m) to landowners by 2030.
GE Healthcare, a global MedTech company, and Wayra UK, a corporate liaison company, have announced the launch of GEs regional programme, the Eddison Accelerator, to support six digital health startups to develop AI applications for healthcare and accelerate the path of new AI solutions for healthcare to market.
GoCardless, a fintech leader in recurring payments, has raised $95m (69m) in a Series F funding round led by Bain Capital Ventures, bringing its total funding raised to $240m (170m).
GoCardless will use the funding to accelerate its open banking strategy, combining the latest technology with its global bank debit network. It will also expand its offering into the adjacent e-commerce market to launch a simple and secure way of making bank-to-bank payments as a lower-cost alternative to cards.
Bain Capital Ventures invests from seed to growth rounds in startups across industries, from SaaS, infrastructure software and security to fintech and healthcare to commerce and consumer tech.
Genius Group, the global entrepreneur education group, has signed an agreement to acquire UK-based property investors network for $15m (11m).
Following the acquisition, Genius Group and property investors network will expand its monthly meetings to up to potentially 20,345 cities, using the network to reach more of its students.
Flashpoint Venture Capital, a diversified international technology investment firm that manages venture capital and debt funds with $350m (257m) assets under management, announced the first close of its third VC fund, raising $50m (36.7m).
Flashpoint has made investments in 26 tech businesses with 66 follow-ons, and exited eight companies most notably Shazam to Apple and chess.comto PokerStars.
Flashpoint backs international companies founded in Central and Eastern Europe, Israel, the Baltics, Finland and the CIS, helping them grow beyond their home geographies and into the US and Europe.
Wayroo, a platform that allows car dealerships engaged in vehicle leasing to digitise their operations, has secured a 250,000 investment from the MEIF Proof of Concept & Early Stage Fund, which is managed by Mercia and part of the Midlands Engine Investment Fund (MEIF).
The funding will allow Wayroo to further develop the platform and roll it out across the automotive industry.
My Bespoke Room, the tech-enabled interior design service, has closed 700,000 angel investment from high-net worth individuals from Angelgroups and Connectdas. This brings total investment in the female-founded business to 2 million since 2014.
The funds will be used to scale My Bespoke Rooms operations and develop a new software as a service (SaaS) platform that will help independent designers to run their business more efficiently.
Deals of the Week, December 4 to 11 Growth Business roundup
See the original post:
- Overthinking the silence - Chessbase News - June 11th, 2021
- Jan Werle: Beat the King's Indian - Chessbase News - June 11th, 2021
- Alethea AI and artist Robert Alice launch Sothebys auction of the first intelligent NFT - VentureBeat - June 11th, 2021
- How Philipp Grubauer used blood, sweat and technology to launch the Avalanches Stanley Cup run: Ive never seen a goalie do that - The Denver Post - June 11th, 2021
- NBA playoffs 2021 - What could shift Jazz-Clippers and every conference semifinal series - ESPN - June 11th, 2021
- The Supercar/Hypercar Wars Continue, But The Roadster Still Has An Ace Up Its Sleeve - CleanTechnica - May 30th, 2021
- Slitherine announces a plethora of new wargames at 'Home of Wargamers 2021' - The Next Web - May 18th, 2021
- How Stupid Does Governor Whitmer Think Michiganders Are? - wbckfm.com - May 18th, 2021
- Mad pawns can save the day - Chessbase News - Chessbase News - May 5th, 2021
- Reality is irreversible - The Monthly - May 5th, 2021
- ASTRA Reveals 2021 Best Toys for Kids Finalists The Toy Book - The Toy Book - May 5th, 2021
- Is Bioelectricity the Key to Limb Regeneration? - The New Yorker - May 5th, 2021
- The ultimate staycation treat - charter a 1m superyacht, and it's based here in Gosport - Portsmouth News - May 5th, 2021
- Chess.com's New Events Feature, The Perfect Platform To Follow The Candidates - Chess.com - April 21st, 2021
- Turing AI: 'We can help develop a product in an eighth of the time, minimum' - FoodNavigator.com - April 21st, 2021
- The Machines Gambit - The Good Men Project - April 5th, 2021
- A sandwich, a beer and ... here's what you see on TV (and what to avoid) - Prudent Press Agency - April 5th, 2021
- Spurning the morsel - Chessbase News - April 5th, 2021
- Is AI Next in REI Education? - Think Realty - April 5th, 2021
- The IBM 305 Ramac: The secret grandfather of Deep Blue? - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- Feeding the flames - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- NEW - Andrew Martin: The Grnfeld Formula - Chessbase News - March 9th, 2021
- War Of The Wingmen: New Robot Fighters Promise To Transform Aerial Combat - Forbes - March 9th, 2021
- Businesses offer help as problems remain in Texas from winter storm - Yahoo News - February 20th, 2021
- Wet Start To The Weekend - Yahoo News - February 20th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (2) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- What is the secret of Wesley So's success? An interview - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Five Issues Washington Should Consider In Reviewing A Lockheed-Aerojet Merger - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Work - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Why Ricciardo said 'yes' to McLaren the second time they asked RaceFans - RaceFans - February 17th, 2021
- Opera Euro Rapid SF: Carlsen and So reach the final - Chessbase News - February 15th, 2021
- Letters: 'Darlington Borough Council has a terrible record of looking after heritage sites, maybe they shouldn't keep Locomotion No 1' - The Northern... - February 12th, 2021
- Fat Fritz 2.0 - The new number 1 - Chessbase News - February 10th, 2021
- 25 Years Ago, Chess Changed Forever When Deep Blue Beat Garry Kasparov - Slate - February 10th, 2021
- Chess In The COVID Era | Webster Kirkwood Times | timesnewspapers.com - Webster-Kirkwood Times, Inc. - February 10th, 2021
- 10 Things We Want From The Legend Of Zelda's 35th Anniversary - TheGamer - February 7th, 2021
- Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football. Just ask any NFL player. - The Union Leader - February 7th, 2021
- 120 things you probably didn't know were created by Black inventors | Venture - Daily Hive - February 6th, 2021
- Red Sox Truck Day approaches and theres a different feeling in the air - BoSox Injection - February 4th, 2021
- The future is augmented - The Bookseller - February 4th, 2021
- How to Use a Chess Engine? Your Quick & Effective Guide - February 3rd, 2021
- Stockfish+NNUE, Strongest Chess Engine Ever, To Compete In ... - February 3rd, 2021
- Top Chess Engine Championship - Wikipedia - January 30th, 2021
- Building My Own Chess Engine Andrew Healey - January 30th, 2021
- Stockfish Chess Engine Download - softpedia - January 30th, 2021
- Play Online Chess at Caissa's Web - January 30th, 2021
- Alto AMT Should it be back? - MotorOctane - MotorOctane - January 30th, 2021
- Does the rift in AI matter to marketing? - MarTech Today - January 30th, 2021
- Scientists say dropping acid can help with social anxiety and alcoholism - The Next Web - January 28th, 2021
- Meet Yash Aradhya, a Bengaluru Formula 4 racer and a recipient of the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar - EdexLive - January 25th, 2021
- Dancing, vacuuming, learning: What's next for robots and their creators? - ASU Now - January 23rd, 2021
- Signature Theatre announces cast and dates for 'Simply Sondheim' review - DC Metro Theater Arts - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', 'Shadow Gangs', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 15th, 2021
- Their Uniforms Say Ohio State and Alabama. The Players Are From Everywhere. - The Wall Street Journal - January 13th, 2021
- Ziggurat Interactive Releases First Retro First Friday Pack Of 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - January 9th, 2021
- TV tonight: another day in paradise for detective Ralf Little - The Guardian - January 9th, 2021
- The Board Games Global Market is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 13% Between 2021 to 2026 - Yahoo Finance - January 6th, 2021
- 50 Best TV Shows To Watch In 2021 - Highest Rated Television Series - OtakuKart - OtakuKart - December 29th, 2020
- Red Bull think they have secret weapon to catch Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas | F1 | Sport - TechnoCodex - December 23rd, 2020
- HBO's Industry creators and Myha'la Herrold break down season 1 finale - Entertainment Weekly - December 22nd, 2020
- Research at Microsoft 2020: Addressing the present while looking to the future - Microsoft - December 22nd, 2020
- Turns Out Its Pretty Good: Doomscrolling - The Cut - December 18th, 2020
- A Letter to My Kids - The Good Men Project - December 15th, 2020
- Yakuza Remastered Collection On The Way For Xbox & PC - Bleeding Cool News - December 13th, 2020
- Hitman 3 Gets A New Trailer Showing Off The Features - Bleeding Cool News - December 9th, 2020
- Reflections on 40 years: thanks for the memories (we can remember) - NOLA.com - December 9th, 2020
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Review: The Pricing Conundrum - Tom's Hardware - December 8th, 2020
- AI has almost solved one of biologys greatest challenges how protein unfolds - ThePrint - December 8th, 2020
- Demis Hassabis interview: the kid from the comp who founded DeepMind and cracked a mighty riddle of science - The Times - December 6th, 2020
- Online Chess and Working from Home - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- Full Fischer film in YouTube - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- New C360 CEO Howard Wright Sees Broadcast Tech Putting Fans on the Field of Play - Sports Video Group - December 5th, 2020
- This is what would happen if a Hind took on a Cobra - We Are The Mighty - December 5th, 2020
- Hyundai Takes The Wraps Off Its E-GMP Electric Car Platform - CleanTechnica - December 3rd, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons to Rent an RV when you traveling - The Dubrovnik Times - December 3rd, 2020
- Akron flashback: Some childhood toys you never forget - Akron Beacon Journal - December 1st, 2020
- 24 Comments on GM is Paying Cadillac Dealers to Ditch the Brand... - The Truth About Cars - November 29th, 2020
- Skilling Open QF2: Day of the Comebacks - chess24 - November 27th, 2020
- Jelurida Announces Bridge Champ, an On-Chain Version of the Famous Card Game - IT News Online - November 27th, 2020
- The 37 Best Black Friday Smart Home and Kitchen Deals (2020) - WIRED - November 27th, 2020