The $1.5 million Champions Chess Tour kicks off on Sunday with the first event, The Skilling Open, featuring 16 of the world's top chess stars.
The event will have commentary in 8 languages, with 4 broadcasts in English. For the first time, one of them includes a state-of-the-art live studio in Oslo!
There will be four different broadcasts in English, all starting at 17.45 CET:
As usual, there will also be separate broadcasts in other languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Turkish and Portuguese.
For the Champions Chess Tour, chess24 will be taking chess broadcasts to a completely new level. Not only will we have our regular shows with world-class commentators providing commentary for keen chess fans around the world, but we will also be running a brand new broadcast targeting a new audience.
The historic broadcast will be hosted from Oslo by Kaja Snare, who gained extensive experience working as a reporter for the 2016 World Championship match in New York, and also worked on chess broadcasts and as a sports reporter for Norwegian TV channels NRK and TV 2. She will be joined by 3-time British Champion David Howell and 9-time British Women's Champion Jovanka Houska.
David Howell was interviewed by Fiona from his quarantine in Oslo!
Tour Director Arne Horvei said the goal is to make chess interesting and exciting entertainment for millions of potential viewers with only basic chess skills.
The Champions Chess Tour will be the first time the worlds best chess player is determined over a full competitive season of online chess. This Tour will not only reinvent the sport, it will also reinvent how chess is broadcast to a wide audience.
In Norway chess is well established as a TV sport. We are building on this knowledge and producing a broadcast never before seen in international chess. We truly believe chess has a great potential to attract a dedicated, global audience with a production that highlights the excitement, the time trouble, the genius moves, and the inevitable blunders.
Kaja already filmed interviews with players that will be aired during the various broadcasts.
While one studio targets a new audience, you can also choose high-level chess commentary from fan-favourites Tania Sachdev and Peter Leko. The duo received widespread praise for their performances during the Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour. Here they are talking about how Mikhail Tal and Vishy Anand impacted their careers when they were young!
As usual, the duo will have guests visiting each day.
But that's not all. The one and only GM Simon Williams will be doing his own show featuring known guests such as Sam Shankland, John Bartholomew, Yasser Seirawan, Daniel King and Sethuraman.
Simon is obviously thrilled to be a part of it!
Now, with theChampions Chess Tourabout to start, is a great time toGo Premium! Use the voucher codeCCT40 to get 40% off the regular price.
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 5th, 2021
- Clash Mini: Everything we know about Supercell's upcoming auto chess game - Pocket Gamer - April 5th, 2021
- Bucs decision to bring back Godwin and Barrett was a chess game - Bucs Nation - April 5th, 2021
- Artemiev Swindles Nakamura To Win Another Titled Tuesday - Chess.com - March 9th, 2021
- Chess lovers practice the art of the checkmate - KNBN NewsCenter1 - Newscenter1.tv - March 9th, 2021
- Play Chess With Agadmator, Nemo, Cramling, Canty, And More - Chess.com - March 9th, 2021
- Turkish chess group head works to inspire young girls - Anadolu Agency - March 9th, 2021
- Chess Player Koneru Humpy Is The BBC Indian Sportswoman Of The Year - Femina - March 9th, 2021
- He loves the chess aspect: is Rooney made to measure as a manager? - The Guardian - March 9th, 2021
- Battle of the Minds: 4 legends compete in chess and poker - chess24 - March 9th, 2021
- Wednesday Workout: Leveling Up Through the US Chess Rapids - uschess.org - March 9th, 2021
- John Leguizamo on Critical Thinking [VIDEO] | US Chess.org - uschess.org - February 20th, 2021
- Teaching the right moves across the board - The Hindu - February 20th, 2021
- How this 25-year-old makes six figures a year playing chess on Twitch - CNBC - February 20th, 2021
- Maharashtra Chess Association back as a governing body after 4 years - The Bridge - February 20th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (1) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Rockford Chess Club Gets Revived Thanks to ' The Queen's Gambit' - q985online.com - February 17th, 2021
- Aaron Chess, District 1 council candidate, wants to bring hope back to the district - CIProud.com - February 17th, 2021
- Check out these chess tips before you hear check mate - KELOLAND.com - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Smashing Stereotypes - Marissa Saroca to play The Arbiter in CHESS THE MUSICAL | News - Aussie Theatre - February 17th, 2021
- Garry Kasparov at IMPROVATE Cybersecurity Conference is talking about Chess, IA and The Queen's Gambit - Yahoo Finance - February 17th, 2021
- Become a chess expert with these discounted grandmaster taught training bundles | TheHill - The Hill - February 15th, 2021
- When The Prison Banned Board Games, We Played Chess In Our Minds - The Marshall Project - February 15th, 2021
- Recruiting Chess Match: Huskies Have Missouri TE on Their Board - Sports Illustrated - February 15th, 2021
- xQc Is Going to Use His Expensive New PC to Play Chess and Browser Games - EssentiallySports - February 15th, 2021
- Our Collective Chess Match: What Our Editors Are Reading - Sojourners - February 15th, 2021
- Advanced chess with John Gallagher | Calendar | scarsdalenews.com - scarsdalenews.com - February 15th, 2021
- Across the MMA Universe: Kamaru Usman on UFC 258 'Chess Match' - Bleacher Report - February 15th, 2021
- More than 140 inmates will participate in virtual Chess Tournament - Dominican Today - February 15th, 2021
- Young Canadian chess stars lead drive to popularize the royal game on Twitch - Ottawa Citizen - February 15th, 2021
- University of Texas wins Kasparov Chess Foundation University Cup - Chessbase News - February 15th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit and Me: The Surprising Similarity between Therapy and Chess - Psychotherapy.net - February 15th, 2021
- IHSA has tournament this week in chess - 1430wcmy.com - February 12th, 2021
- How I Found Love Over The Chess Board - Chess.com - February 12th, 2021
- Chess clock and chess computer combined - Geeky Gadgets - February 12th, 2021
- Little Nightmares 2 Part 3 | Chess puzzle, Sneaking through the doll's cafeteria - VG247 - February 12th, 2021
- Multiple Championship-Winning Ninth-Grader Develops State-of-the-Art Chess Guidebook to Teach Beginning Players Powerful Techniques and Strategies -... - February 10th, 2021
- The Queens Gambit and the myth of the chess genius - Daily Maverick - February 10th, 2021
- Chess Sets For Kids And Adults: Online Options For Your Home - Times of India - February 10th, 2021
- US Chess Seeks Bookstore and T-Shirt Vendor Bids for National Events - uschess.org - February 10th, 2021
- Draymond Green unsuccessfully attempts 5-D chess move in closing seconds of Warriors loss to Spurs - SF Gate - February 10th, 2021
- Theophilus Thompson of Maryland blazed a trail for Black chess players, despite hurdles - Washington Times - February 10th, 2021
- Chess Queen: The Final Episode is the highest-rated episode on Netflix - Prudent Press Agency - February 10th, 2021
- Chess Tournament held in honor of 507th anniversary of Camagey - Radio Cadena Agramonte - February 10th, 2021
- International Chess Market Demand and Growth Analysis over the Forecast period 2020-2026 | Key Players Chessncrafts, Official Staunton, ABC-CHESS and... - February 10th, 2021
- Tom Brady, Byron Leftwich winning the chess match with Steve Spagnuolo - Touchdown Wire - February 10th, 2021
- EDITORIAL: If elections are a game of chess, then pieces are being put in place - Bahamas Tribune - February 10th, 2021
- Chess Tourney on Feb. 14 - Star of Mysore - February 7th, 2021
- For the Love of Chess | chess24.com - chess24 - February 6th, 2021
- Learn more chess strategies and improve your knowledge to win with Legal Attack - Yahoo Finance - February 6th, 2021
- Girls Club to Host John Leguizamo of Critical Thinking - uschess.org - February 6th, 2021
- Sparta Brothers Make Food Pantry and Gift Bags Donations from Chess Tutoring Proceeds - TAPinto.net - February 6th, 2021
- The politics and passions of three-dimensional chess - The Boston Globe - February 6th, 2021
- Masterminds: Chess Prodigies - An exhibtion of the World Chess Hall of Fame - Chessbase News - February 3rd, 2021
- Is your child playing chess? Allow the freedom to lose - The Indian Express - February 3rd, 2021
- Cover Stories with Chess Life #34: Uncle Yermo! - uschess.org - February 3rd, 2021
- Is it time for chess to be included under the e-sports bracket? - The Bridge - February 3rd, 2021
- On Top of the Game - www.smileypete.com - February 3rd, 2021
- Obsessed with The Queens Gambit? Learn to play chess from professionals with this on-sale training - WJXT News4JAX - February 3rd, 2021
- Hotels Aim to Goose Demand With Rooms That Look Like Netflix Sets - Bloomberg - February 1st, 2021
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Lazy Chess' - Touch Arcade - January 30th, 2021
- The Smasher's Gambit Presented By Panda - Chess.com - January 30th, 2021
- In Praise of Agadmator, the Best Chess Youtuber in the World - Paste Magazine - January 30th, 2021
- 'The Queen's Gambit:' An Irresistible Chess Thriller Worth the Watch - Daily Utah Chronicle - January 30th, 2021
- The Vaccine Project Newsletter: Building trust, managing expectations, playing chess against a wily adversary - News - MM&M - Medical Marketing and... - January 30th, 2021
- Arturo Pomar, the Spanish chess prodigy used as a pawn by Franco - The Times - January 30th, 2021
- 'Great Chess Move': Why Mike Hart Will Boost Michigan's In-State Recruiting - Rivals.com - Michigan - January 30th, 2021
- Panda Global Teams with Chess.com for Charity Chess Tournament - The Esports Observer - January 28th, 2021
- CHESS CubeSat Constellation to Carry FUNcube Transponders - ARRL - January 28th, 2021
- This AI chess engine aims to help human players rather than defeat them - The Next Web - January 28th, 2021
- Toronto scientists help create AI-powered bot that can play chess like a human - blogTO - January 28th, 2021
- Aftershocks of 'The Queen's Gambit' Still Being Felt in UVA Chess Club - UVA Today - January 28th, 2021
- The Vaccine Project Newsletter: Building trust, managing expectations, playing chess against a wily adversary - PR Week - January 28th, 2021
- A chess teacher quit their full-time job to become a Twitch superstar - Yahoo Entertainment - January 28th, 2021
- PogChamps 3: All The Information - Chess.com - January 26th, 2021
- Paul Cawte champion of New Year Chess Blitz Borneo Bulletin Online - Borneo Bulletin Online - January 26th, 2021
- Ladies Knight with US Chess Creative Director Francesca Butler [PODCAST] - uschess.org - January 25th, 2021
- Play Chess With Lasers When Deflection Launches Later This Year - TheGamer - January 25th, 2021
- Chess Looks Wild In 2021 - Kotaku - January 25th, 2021