GREEN BAY, Wis. The heat will be on in Tampa, both literally and figuratively, for the Green Bay Packers.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles is one of the most aggressive play-callers in the NFL. According to Zebra Sports, whose RFID technology powers the NFLs NextGen Stats, the Buccaneers have blitzed on 40.6 percent of defensive snaps. Thats the fourth-highest blitz rate in the NFL.
Combined with the pass-rushing prowess of Shaquil Barrett last years NFL leader with 19.5 sacks and Jason Pierre-Paul, the Buccaneers can bring pressure through talent and scheme.
I think theyre a very talented group, and theyre going to try and create as many one-on-ones as possible throughout the game, Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said. It allows those guys to go out and win and do what they do. So, were going to have to be great up front and win all those one-on-ones theyre going to present to us.
Rodgers long has been one of the top quarterbacks vs. the blitz. Even in his relatively subpar seasons in 2018 and 2019, his passer rating vs. the blitz was about 10 points better than the NFL average, according to Pro Football Focus.
Nothing has changed this season. According to PFF, hes completed 35-of-53 passes (66.0 percent) for 386 yards with five touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 118.9 passer rating when blitzed.
Then again, his passer rating when not blitzed is a lofty 134.3. So, as the Falcons did in Week 4, perhaps Bowles and future defensive coordinators will figure theyre better off going down with guns blazing. That was Bowles approach against another veteran quarterback, New Orleans Drew Brees, in the opener. By percentage of dropbacks, the Bucs had their second-most blitz-heavy day of the season.
A lot of teams have certain statistics or tendencies and then they play us and they play us completely different than kind of the stats show, Rodgers said. Todd likes to bring pressure. I wouldnt necessarily call it blitzing all the time. To me, blitzing is usually involving a linebacker or secondary. A lot of it is usually a five-man rush and playing various coverages behind that. Itll be interesting to see how they look at our personnel, myself, our movement, Davante (Adams), Aaron Jones and how they come up with a plan. But you definitely have to be ready for the blitz packages that they offer.
Those blitz packages have meant extra studying this week. While Rodgers is the quarterback of the offense, center Corey Linsley is the quarterback of the offensive line. Combined, it primarily will be up to those two to figure out where the blitz will be coming from and how it will be blocked.
Yeah, it does [mean more studying], its just natural, Linsley said. There are more looks, more adjustments were going to have to make. Youd like to say we study an equal amount every single week, but it does take [more] when teams bring a mix of pressure and they have a little more complexity to that. There are different adjustments that were going to have to make and you do have to study a little bit more. This is one of those defenses that pressures a lot, and they do it well and theyre pretty sound, so its going to take another added level of mental discipline to execute.
If Rodgers gets time, he should thrive against a young Bucs secondary. Thats been the case this season, as shown by PFF. When pressured, Rodgers has completed only 34.6 percent of his passes and his passer rating is merely 68.8. When given a clean pocket, hes completed 78.8 percent of his passes and his passer rating is 141.1. Those are enormous differences. Some of that is because Rodgers simply hasnt faced much pressure. However, its a stat worth keeping in mind on Sunday.
For whatever reason, the past couple of games we have gotten a lot of pressure and weve handled it nicely, Hackett said. I think hes just always trying to, kind of how we utilize those motions, trying to cause different issues for the defense. I think hes trying to create different fronts and pressures to [confuse] an offense. So, I think its going to be a nice chess match on Sunday.
Originally posted here:
- With a passion for STEM, U of T recipients of the Schulich Leader Scholarships are flying high - News@UofT - October 21st, 2020
- Where Is A Will There Is Brazil Society 2020, Despite The Pandemics - Analysis - Eurasia Review - October 21st, 2020
- 5 Strategies You Can Use to Build an Emotionally Intelligent Team - Entrepreneur - October 21st, 2020
- Chess For Beginners | Study Plan: The Opening - Chess.com - October 19th, 2020
- How to Study Chess | US Chess.org - October 19th, 2020
- Rook, line and sinker - Nation Online - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - October 19th, 2020
- BepiColombo Spacecraft Studies Venus on Its Way to Mercury - Best gaming pro - October 19th, 2020
- Netballer awarded trifecta of top University sports awards - India Education Diary - October 19th, 2020
- Blog: Five cases in which robots are better than man - The Slovak Spectator - October 17th, 2020
- Looking to Get Lost Review: The Heart of Rock n Roll - Wall Street Journal - October 17th, 2020
- Mentally demanding tasks are harder to handle at home - Workplace Insight - October 16th, 2020
- How Many Hours Of Chess Study Does It Take To Be A Grandmaster? - Chess.com - October 16th, 2020
- Things to do in Brownwood and the area - Brownwood Bulletin - October 16th, 2020
- Daddy and 9 Other Reads I Cant Get Out of My Head - Vulture - October 16th, 2020
- Covid-19 implications for brand strategists - Ask Afrika - Bizcommunity.com - October 16th, 2020
- Our Critic on the Best of the 2020 New York Film Festival - Nashville Scene - October 16th, 2020
- Counter UAV Market Competitive Analysis 2020 and Key Players: SRC, Lockheed Martin, Thales, Boeing, Airbus Defence and Space, etc - re:Jerusalem - October 14th, 2020
- Exploring Iceland's volcanoes and glacier caves - Red Bull Australia - October 14th, 2020
- To Stop an Electoral Coup, Study What Went Wrong in the 2000 Florida Recount - Jacobin magazine - October 14th, 2020
- Cam Newton remains on track to play on Monday, barring the development of symptoms - NBC Sports - NFL - October 11th, 2020
- Carlsen may have shown the way for Virat, Dhoni - Bangalore Mirror - October 11th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Another instructive endgame - Chessbase News - October 9th, 2020
- How to watch the Apple iPhone 12 event on October 13 - Best gaming pro - October 9th, 2020
- PocketBook Color review: is color E Ink finally ready? - Best gaming pro - October 9th, 2020
- Can't smell stinky fish? It might be in your genes - Nature.com - October 9th, 2020
- BOARD GAMES Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2025 | Asmode Editions, Goliath BV, Hasbro - re:Jerusalem - October 9th, 2020
- Leistikow: The impressive rise of Dane Belton, a versatile chess piece in Iowa's defense - desmoinesregister.com - October 8th, 2020
- Key West Voters To Decide What Happens To Cruises, Revisiting A Study On Hate Groups, 'Critical Thinking' With John Leguizamo - WLRN - October 8th, 2020
- McDonald's set to release new breakfast items in October - Yahoo Money - October 8th, 2020
- Curly the Curling Robot Can Beat the Pros at Their Own Game - Smithsonian Magazine - October 7th, 2020
- Chess Industry Revenue, Key Players, Supply-demand, COVID 19 Investment Feasibility and Forecast to 2026- The House of Staunton, ChessSUA, CNCHESS,... - October 7th, 2020
- Aspen teachers say they're being made pawns in the pandemic - Aspen Times - October 7th, 2020
- Learn The Fundamental Theorem of Poker - Using Math to Win at Poker - BestUSCasinos.org - October 7th, 2020
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) and the Battle of Fundamentals vs. Technicals - The News Heater - October 7th, 2020
- Underline going over the top to celebrate its first leg - Miami Today - October 7th, 2020
- Ceramic Wash Basin Market COVID 19 Status, Growth Rate by Applications, and Future Forecast 2026- TOTO, AmericanStandard, Roca, HCG, Villeroy Boch -... - October 7th, 2020
- Counter-UAV (C-UAV) Systems Market Growth And Status Explored In A New Research Report QY Research, IncLockheed Martin, Thales, Boeing - The Daily... - October 7th, 2020
- Meet Chirag Falor, the JEE Advanced topper Rank 1 and Bal Shakti award winner studying at MIT - India Today - October 7th, 2020
- Chess Online: How to Play and Win Chess | Chess Tips & Strategies - Popular Mechanics - October 3rd, 2020
- Curly the Robot Competes With Professional Curling Athletes - Science Times - October 3rd, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Chess Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | The House of Staunton, ChessSUA, CNCHESS,... - October 3rd, 2020
- Global B2B Telecommunications Market Research Report 2026 Observational Studies with Top Manufacturers like BT Group, Callstream, Chess, Charterhouse... - October 3rd, 2020
- Jeffrey Aronson: When I Use a Word . . . Planning - The BMJ - The BMJ - October 3rd, 2020
- Sailor Moon: 5 Times Fans Hated Sailor Mercury (& 5 They Loved Her) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 3rd, 2020
- Review: Aurora Fox' "Tom Foolery: The Words and Music of Tom Lehrer" - The Know - October 3rd, 2020
- Robot named 'Curly' uses AI to beat one of the world's best curling teams at their own game - The Streetjournal - October 1st, 2020
- Harlem's 67 Orange Bar Cocktails in the Time of Corona - The Daily Beast - October 1st, 2020
- Get to know Grand Haven school board candidates - Grand Haven Tribune - October 1st, 2020
- AI Robot "Curly" Beats the Korean Olympic Silver-Medalist Curling Team - Tech Times - October 1st, 2020
- San Franciscos DA Makes Significant Prosecutorial Changes To Further The Fight Against Anti-Black Racism And Implicit Bias In The Justice System -... - October 1st, 2020
- Social Media Use Linked With Depression During Pandemic: Here Are 5 Healthier Ways to Spend Your Time - News18 - October 1st, 2020
- How the Presidential Debates Will Influence the Outcome of the 2020 Election - The Peoples Vanguard of Davis - September 30th, 2020
- Singapore urges need for international organisations to 'reform' in digital age - Best gaming pro - September 28th, 2020
- Arwa Salih and the Lost Generation of Egyptian Communism - Jacobin magazine - September 28th, 2020
- A Robot Beats Humans at Their Own GameThis Time on the Ice - The Wall Street Journal - September 24th, 2020
- If Napheesa Collier continues to be the best player on the court, the Lynx have a shot - Duluth News Tribune - September 24th, 2020
- Chess Table Market, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies & Forecast up to 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - September 24th, 2020
- Siblings able to make the most of their time as students - Harvard Gazette - September 23rd, 2020
- Industrial Wood Coating Market Study Report (2020-2026), Competitive Analysis, Proposal Strategy, Potential Targets, Assessment And Recommendations |... - September 22nd, 2020
- Why fitness and wellbeing really matter in business - London Business School Review - September 22nd, 2020
- Keep your mind active to prevent Alzheimers disease, say doctors - The Hindu - September 22nd, 2020
- TIFF 2020: Seven First-Time Directors Who Stole The Show - NDTV - September 20th, 2020
- Harry Potter: 5 Things The Films Got Right About Ron (& 5 They Got Wrong) - Screen Rant - September 19th, 2020
- On Chess: Making Connections Through the Game of Chess - St. Louis Public Radio - September 19th, 2020
- DEAR BLACK MAN: Twenty-one Black men pen open letters of encouragement and brotherhood to Black men - The Atlanta Voice - September 19th, 2020
- Chagrin Falls Schools chief pleased with progress in mitigating COVID-19 - cleveland.com - September 19th, 2020
- Massacres in Colombia Lay Bare Next Phase of the Conflict - NACLA - September 19th, 2020
- Ravens film study: What seven plays could tell us about the 2020 season - Baltimore Sun - September 16th, 2020
- Scientists use big data to sway elections and predict riots welcome to the 1960s - Nature.com - September 16th, 2020
- Why California is Burning Mess of Smog and How to Fix It - SOFREP - September 16th, 2020
- Armani Casa marks 20 years at the heart of the well-considered home - Wallpaper* - September 16th, 2020
- Retired Chess Grandmaster, AlphaZero AI Reinvent Chess - Science Times - September 15th, 2020
- The 10 Best Chess Moves Of All Time - Chess.com - September 15th, 2020
- Five ancient Indian board games - Media India Group - September 15th, 2020
- Global Sports Technology Market to 2026 - by Sports, Technology, and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - September 15th, 2020
- A government agency just warned this week's West Coast wildfires could spark a financial crisis. A top economi - Business Insider India - September 15th, 2020
- The Moons surface is rusting and Earth may be to blame - The Next Web - September 15th, 2020
- A Lesson to Learn: Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) - The News Heater - September 15th, 2020
- The Man Who Refused to Spy - The New Yorker - September 15th, 2020
- Strength Training Helps Protect the Brain From Degeneration - Newsmax - September 15th, 2020