Arlington Community Education has new adult classes starting each week through the end of November. Most classes are held online via Zoom in the evening, but there are also daytime options.
During this time when traveling and gathering in-person are risky and challenging, weve heard touching stories about friends and family members whove gathered together, online, to take one of our classes, said ACE Director Jen Rothenberg. Whether cooking a delicious meal, learning a new craft or taking a virtual walking tour together, we want to encourage people to continue to connect in this fun and unique way.
To view all fall classes and register, visit http://ArlingtonCommunityEd.org.
Chess: Adult Beginner Skills & Strategies with Chess Wizards: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 21-Nov. 18. $69. Chess can easily be played online, making it an awesome game to learn to play with friends who are far away. Learn the basics from a Chess Wizards instructors.
Bayou Bash with Katie Walter: 5:30-7 p.m. Oct. 22. $25. Instead of heading out to a restaurant or hopping on a plane headed south, get a group together to learn how to make a delicious classic bayou dinner in the comfort of your own kitchens. Prepare shrimp and grits, with a side of fried green tomatoes and remoulade dipping sauce. Set up your own Zoom link so you can enjoy your meal together afterward!
Explore the Real Cuba with Laura Quincy Jones and Yasser Torriente-Rodriguez: 7-8:30 p.m. Oct. 22. $19. Plan your dream trip to Cuba with your favorite travel companions, wherever they live. Learn how to travel there legally given evolving requirements; get tips on how to have a low-stress, authentic and inspiring experience; and admire highlights from the islands trove of arts and culture. Taught by U.S./Cuban couple who live in Havana and lead small cultural immersion tours.
Keeping Bees with Tony Pulsone: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 22. $25. Share the sweetness as you learn to harvest pure, wild honey and beeswax from your own beehive. Find out about the benefits and importance of keeping bees, the culture of beekeeping, what its like to keep your own and the time and financial commitment.
Active Bystander Training with Christopher Ellinger: 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 22 and 29. $65. Get a friend or family member to join you in learning how to make a change in the world. Become a more effective active bystander someone who not only witnesses a situation, but also speaks up or takes steps to defuse or keep a situation from escalating. Taught by the founder of Arlingtons True Story Theater.
Feeling Gratitude in Our Turbulent Times with Janet Kessenich: 7-8:30 p.m. Oct. 28. $19. Being consciously grateful has been shown to have positive results spiritually, mentally and physically. Explore how a gratitude practice can help with conflicted, complex feelings when personal lives and the issues in our community are challenging. Consider taking this class with a friend or family member, so you can remind each other about all of the things you have to be grateful for.
Murders, Martyrs & Mysticism with Boston by Foot: 7-8:30 p.m. Oct. 29. $19. If youre not comfortable visiting Salem or other traditional Halloween haunts with your friends this year, celebrate in a different way. Take a shadowy virtual walk through Bostons less shining history. Travel virtually through time from 1688 to 1942, along the way meeting killers, grifters, gangsters, heroes, cops and grave robbers.
Intro to Calligraphy and Beyond: Foundational Hand with Dani Larosee: 10 a.m.-noon Thursdays, Oct. 29-Nov. 19. $79. Learn to form beautiful lettering using a broad-nibbed fountain pen. Focus on Foundational (Bookhand), an easily readable, versatile and elegant font. Take this daytime class with friends or family to get creative together, or use your newfound skills to craft a beautiful card to remind someone that you care.
Visit http:/ArlingtonCommunityEd.org or email CommunityEd@arlington.k12.ma.us for more information or to register for any class. Arlington Community Education is a program of the Arlington Public Schools that is completely supported by tuition from ACE courses. ACE provides affordable education and enrichment opportunities for children and adults from Arlington and surrounding communities.
- With a game built to thrive in today's NHL, Matt Grzelcyk can (& should) deliver in top-pairing role for Bruins - bostonsportsjournal.com - October 21st, 2020
- 'The Queen's Gambit' Star Anya Taylor-Joy on Making Chess Riveting TV - TV Insider - October 21st, 2020
- Task Force Illini creates Mobile Training Team to prepare Ukrainian rotational units - United States Army - October 21st, 2020
- Mozart of psychology': How Lev Vygotsky helped shape modern thinking - Russia Beyond - October 21st, 2020
- Chinese kids are giving it all to succeed - The Herald - October 17th, 2020
- Drive Poll - Would The NFL Pause Season To Fight COVID-19? - 929theticket.com - October 16th, 2020
- Covid-19 Transforms Education, Health And Fitness Delivery Services, Opens Doors For IT-Like Growth Trajectory - Swarajya - October 16th, 2020
- Pushed beyond their limit - The Star Online - October 14th, 2020
- Wausau mayor Katie Rosenberg emerges as a new voice in Wis. progressive politics - OnMilwaukee.com - October 8th, 2020
- AdvanceClub Launches to Inspire and Advance Esports Gamers of All Skill Levels - GlobeNewswire - October 8th, 2020
- How can the 49ers Clean up Their Offensive Line Woes? - Sports Illustrated - October 7th, 2020
- In cancelling GLOW, Netflix deals a body blow to representation - Forward - October 7th, 2020
- The strange flexibility of boundaries: population and other limits in strategy games - Gamasutra - October 7th, 2020
- Trump testing positive for Covid-19 means the president's health is in danger, not U.S. security - NBC News - October 7th, 2020
- Visually impaired chess champion Soundarya Pradhan teaching the game online during lockdown - The Bridge - October 3rd, 2020
- Surrounded by sea and sky: the irresistible draw of islands - Spectator.co.uk - October 1st, 2020
- NATO Air Defense Forces Integrate in the Baltics - United States Army - September 29th, 2020
- 13 L/stone pupils enlisted for Chess24 The Mast Online - themastonline.com - September 26th, 2020
- Dominick Reyes ready to 'right what was wrong' in controversial Jones loss with 'life changing' second chance at UFC 253 - Brinkwire - September 26th, 2020
- Mailbag: Should the Patriots be in the linebacker, receiver market? - Pats Pulpit - September 24th, 2020
- In 'The Zoom Where it Happens,' Adia Barnes learned tips that could make Wildcats a hoops hit - Arizona Daily Star - September 24th, 2020
- 49ers well-positioned to withstand Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman injuries - Yahoo Sports - September 23rd, 2020
- PH bets will have mountain to climb in Vietnam SEA Games - Tempo - September 23rd, 2020
- Microsoft Scores Exclusive License to the Much-Hyped GPT-3 Language Model - Voicebot.ai - September 23rd, 2020
- Judy Kuhn - The Seth Concert Series | Review - London Theatre 1 - September 22nd, 2020
- Late night preparations behind Indian Grandmaster P Iniyans World Open glory - The New Indian Express - September 19th, 2020
- Non-contact sports return as resumption of sports calendar is released - Kenya Broadcasting Corporation - September 19th, 2020
- DMU at 150: The 10 oddest things in the DMU archives - De Montfort University - September 19th, 2020
- What is CBM? Here's the answer! - Chessbase News - September 16th, 2020
- Are ozeki Asanoyama's struggles all in his head? - The Japan Times - September 16th, 2020
- Canada's long-term foreign policy intentions need a clearer narrative - Policy Options - September 16th, 2020
- When to Give Legal Rights to AIs? When They Can Dream - JD Supra - September 16th, 2020
- Toby Chess: 40-Plus Years of Service to the Industry He Loves - Autobody News - September 15th, 2020
- Pokemon Go Meets Game Of Thrones: The Playstyle Of The Main Characters - Screen Rant - September 15th, 2020
- Babe Laufenberg says Mike McCarthy will face a unique challenge with the Cowboys that he didnt in Green Bay - The Dallas Morning News - September 13th, 2020
- Spera: The Saints in the Superdome without fans will be weird, but still worth watching - NOLA.com - September 13th, 2020
- 49ers vs. Cardinals preview: What to expect when the 49ers are on defense against the Cardinals - Niners Nation - September 12th, 2020
- Will Robert Quinn be a rotational player in Week One for Chicago Bears? - Bear Goggles On - September 11th, 2020
- Update on the latest sports - KESQ - September 11th, 2020
- The Bay Area has a thrilling new Instagram pastry scene. Here are three to try - San Francisco Chronicle - September 11th, 2020
- No Danielle Hunter has the Packers breathing a sigh of relief - Acme Packing Company - September 11th, 2020
- Dwayne Haskins loves a challenge. His second season with Washington will be one. - Washington Times - September 11th, 2020
- What to expect when the 49ers have the ball against the Cardinals defense - MSN Money - September 11th, 2020
- What's the worst Bradford City kit of all time? - Bradford Telegraph and Argus - September 9th, 2020
- Ancient boardgames: Experts find the missing piece (but can't figure out how to play) - Middle East Eye - September 9th, 2020
- The Cardinals believe they can unleash Kliff Kingsburys offense in 2020 - Arizona Sports - September 9th, 2020
- The Minnesota Vikings are Banking on Continuity and Experience to Improve the Offensive Line - Zone Coverage - September 9th, 2020
- In a season of uncertainty, Bill Belichick says he will play the backup quarterback position by ear - The Boston Globe - September 9th, 2020
- Player-by-player breakdown of the Patriots full 69-man roster - 98.5 The Sports Hub - September 8th, 2020
- Competitive Chess and Advanced Math Training this FALL - ONLINE! - Ridgewood, NJ - patch.com - September 7th, 2020
- Benefits of education - The News International - September 7th, 2020
- Room with a view: US Open seeds get taste of the suite life - NBC Sports - Misc. - September 5th, 2020
- Competitive Chess and Advanced Math Training this FALL - ONLINE! - Patch.com - September 5th, 2020
- Teachers Day 2020: Heres a look at the best teachers of Indian Sports - The Bridge - September 5th, 2020
- Jordan Reed, Trent Williams and 49ers' missing pieces get rave reviews - Yahoo Sports - September 5th, 2020
- Room with a view: US Open seeds get taste of the suite life - Rome Sentinel - September 5th, 2020
- Training in Chess and Advanced Math starts this FALL - ONLINE! - Patch.com - September 4th, 2020
- Arizona Cardinals have a chance to deploy Isaiah Simmons in a number of ways - Revenge of the Birds - September 4th, 2020
- Bird Droppings: Larry Fitzgerald sits, defensive line improvements, decision on Haason Reddick looms and more - Revenge of the Birds - September 4th, 2020
- Reed, Williams and 49ers' missing pieces get glowing reviews - Comcast SportsNet Bay Area - September 3rd, 2020
- List Of All Sports Disciplines For Direct Recruitment Of Sportspersons In Government Jobs - NDTV - September 3rd, 2020
- What the Andre Smith Trade Means For Panthers' Roster - Sports Illustrated - September 1st, 2020
- Chess Olympiad: Vidit Gujrathi on how he led India to its first-ever gold medal - Livemint - September 1st, 2020
- Pre-Dinner Stress: After School Clubs to the Rescue - Patch.com - September 1st, 2020
- Messi does not intend to meet with Bartomeu but will attend training - MARCA.com - August 29th, 2020
- Promoter Wants Eleider Alvarez To Think Over Career Before Retirement Decision - BoxingScene.com - August 27th, 2020
- Arlington Community Education to offer new classes this fall - Wicked Local Arlington - August 27th, 2020
- Cowboys training camp practice number eight updates: Chidobe Awuzie, other corners are showing up in practice - Blogging The Boys - August 27th, 2020
- The geopolitical transformation of the Middle East - Asia Times - August 27th, 2020
- Boys State Is Civility Propaganda of the Highest Order - TheStranger.com - August 25th, 2020
- Where the Patriots training camp competitions stand after one week - Pats Pulpit - August 25th, 2020
- This Week in Poker Podcasts - Pokerfuse - August 25th, 2020
- Kenya's greatest snooker player Ramji living the dream - Daily Nation - August 22nd, 2020
- Athlete's perspective: How COVID-19 impacted a U.S. Olympic hopeful from Mansfield - Richland Source - August 21st, 2020
- Rams' rookie safeties have made their mark early in camp - Rams Wire - August 21st, 2020
- Learning music does not increase your cognitive abilities or the beauty of the useless - Explica - August 20th, 2020
- MasterClass Announces New Class on Ukulele with Virtuoso and Composer Jake Shimabukuro - PRNewswire - August 20th, 2020
- Earning Eagle Rank in Pandemic Time - McLean Connection - August 19th, 2020
- Moving Forward With Online Classes: Another Option | Education - Inside NoVA - August 18th, 2020
- The bodycheck - Chessbase News - August 18th, 2020