Netflix has been a savior during the pandemic, providing entertainment to many who are stuck indoors. The absence of movie theaters has also forced many to rely on Netflix for finding films to watch and television to binge. In October, Netflix has lots of new content ready to be released that will add to their large catalogue.
Those looking for content that will satisfy their Halloween craving in October should be excited about some of the upcoming options on Netflix. Here are the new shows & movies that are coming to Netflix in October.
Netflix has plenty of binge-worthy TV shows scheduled for the month. Here are some of the new shows coming in October.
The Haunting of Bly Manor is the highly anticipated follow-up series to The Haunting of Hill House. The Haunting of Bly Manor will focus on a brand new supernatural horror story. While the series will feature new characters, settings, and a new plot, the direction & tone will remain similar to The Haunting of Hill House.
The Haunting of Bly Manor is based on The Turn of the Screw by Henry James and will examine the haunted past of Bly Manor. The movie will premiere on Oct. 9th.
To the Lake is an upcoming Russian thriller series in which a group risks their lives and humanity in a brutal struggle to survive after the world is struck by a terrifying plague. It hits close to home, but fans of apocalyptic television shows should look forward to this series. To The Lake premieres on Oct. 7th.
Deaf U is a docuseries which follows a group of students who attend Gallaudet University, a private college for the deaf & hard of hearing. Deaf U is produced by deaf actor, activist, and model Nyle DiMarco. DiMarco says the goal of Deaf U will be to show deaf people as humans, from all walks of life. Deaf U premieres on Oct. 9th.
The Queens Gambit is an upcoming mini-series starring Anya Taylor-Joy. The Queens Gambit is based on the 1983 novel of the same name by Walter Tevis and centers around Beth Harmon, an orphan chess prodigy who from the age of eight to twenty-two, struggles with addiction in her quest to become a grandmaster in chess. The Queens Gambit premieres on Oct. 23rd.
David Letterman is back for season 3 of My Next Guest Needs No Introduction where Letterman interviews popular figures of great interest to him. This season, guests include Kim Kardashian West, Dave Chappelle, Lizzo, and Robert Downey Jr. Season 3 premieres on Oct. 21st.
If you are not looking to become invested in a television series, here are some upcoming movies on Netflix in October.
Adam Sandler continues his deal with Netflix with Hubie Halloween. Sandler stars as Hubie Dubois, who spends every Halloween making sure that his fellow Salem residents celebrate the holiday safely and play by the rules. However, when an escaped criminal gets loose and Salem residents begin disappearing, its up to Hubie to convince Salem of the danger and save Halloween.
In standard fashion for Sandler movies, Hubie Halloween has a stacked cast with Maya Rudolph, Kevin James, Steve Buscemi, Ray Liotta, Kenan Thompson, and Shaquille ONeal. Hubie Halloween premieres on Oct. 7th.
Fans of the K-pop group Blackpink rejoice as a documentary of the group is coming soon. BLACKPINK: Light Up The Sky is directed by Caroline Suh and will detail Blackpinks journey and rise to fame. The documentary will be released on Oct. 14th.
Based on the book trilogy by Joe Ballarini, A Babysitters Guide to Monster Hunting follows a babysitter who discovers a secret world of child-protecting babysitters and monsters after she embarks on a mission to find the child in her care who was kidnapped by the Boogeyman. A Babysitters Guide to Monster Hunting premieres on Oct. 15th and looks like spooky fun for the whole family.
Rebecca is a remake of Hitchcocks classic Best Picture winner. Based on the 1938 novel, Rebecca stars Lily James as the main lead who marries Maxim De Winter (Armie Hammer), a respected socialite who recently lost his wife, Rebecca.
Jamess character finds herself fighting in the shadow of his former wife and realizes her new husband is hiding plenty of secrets. Rebecca premieres on Oct. 21st.
Holidate is a romantic comedy starring Emma Roberts & Luke Bracey who play two characters who agree to be each others plus ones at holiday events throughout the year in order to get their meddling families off of their backs. Holidate looks to be filled with every rom-com cliche, but it also looks perfect for fans of cheesy rom-coms. Holidate will premiere on Oct. 28th.
Netflix has an exciting lineup for October that will provide subscribers with plenty of entertainment throughout the month. Make sure to mark your calendars for all of the new content coming your way.
- Meet the Fritztrainer - Chris Ward - Chessbase News - November 26th, 2020
- When a retreat is the best way to advance - Chessbase News - November 25th, 2020
- Ex-chess champ Garry Kasparov worries over 'enfeebled Congress', says 'extremist wings' will help Donald Trump - MEAWW - November 24th, 2020
- Who Was The First Female Grandmaster? - Chess.com - November 24th, 2020
- Calm and powerful - Chessbase News - November 21st, 2020
- On Chess: Mizzou's Chess Team Proves Capable Of Winning Even In A Virtual Space - KBIA - November 21st, 2020
- Two Chess Grandmasters Weigh in on "The Queen's Gambit" | Amanpour and Company - pbssocal.org - November 18th, 2020
- Vidit plays the Skilling Open... and Banter Blitz - chess24 - November 16th, 2020
- So wins 4th match in Speed Championship The Manila Times - The Manila Times - November 12th, 2020
- Should Open Tournaments Be Included In World Chess Championship Cycle? - Chess.com - November 11th, 2020
- 50th anniversary of the Interzonal in Palma de Mallorca - Chessbase News - November 11th, 2020
- Iran's Chess On The Verge Of International Ban - Iran News By Radio Farda - November 11th, 2020
- Take it Outside: Fresh Air Chess in the Big City - uschess.org - November 11th, 2020
- Iran warned continued boycott of matches against Israelis will lead to FIDE ban - Insidethegames.biz - November 11th, 2020
- Vera Menchik: The Real-life Beth Harmon - Chess.com - November 11th, 2020
- 35 years ago: Kasparov becomes youngest World Champion in the history of chess - Chessbase News - November 11th, 2020
- Jeffery Xiong Wins Nov. 3 Titled Tuesday - Chess.com - November 5th, 2020
- I'm a Grandmaster and The Queen's Gambit has all the right moves - Sydney Morning Herald - November 3rd, 2020
- The real lives that inspired the O Gambito da Rainha prodigy re:Jerusalem - re:Jerusalem - November 3rd, 2020
- Just the Rules: Rulebook U-Turns | US Chess.org - uschess.org - November 3rd, 2020
- Whanganui weekend: 5 things to do - New Zealand Herald - November 3rd, 2020
- This week on "Sunday Morning" (November 1) - CBS News - November 1st, 2020
- This week on "Sunday Morning" (November 1) - msnNOW - October 31st, 2020
- U.S. Championship: So Still Leading the Way - Chess.com - October 30th, 2020
- So Tallies Five Straight Wins in U.S. Championship; Robson, Xiong Still Chase - uschess.org - October 29th, 2020
- U.S. Women's Championship: Krush tops the standings - Chessbase News - October 28th, 2020
- Irina Krush wins her 8th U.S. women's title - Chessbase News - October 28th, 2020
- Your chance to play two grandmasters on chess24 - chess24 - October 24th, 2020
- Chess, cricket, chickens and Nostradamus - TheArticle - October 24th, 2020
- Navara on the Candidates & reluctantly playing in Spain - chess24 - October 24th, 2020
- The memorable 4th edition of the Capablanca Memorial in 1965 - Chessbase News - October 24th, 2020
- Checks and counter checks - Chessbase News - October 24th, 2020
- Asian online team chess: India men and women enter semifinals - The Indian Express - October 24th, 2020
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster on Game Of Thrones final season: I havent met anyone that likes it - NME - October 24th, 2020
- On Chess: 18th And Olive: Historical Site Of The First World Chess Championship - St. Louis Public Radio - October 23rd, 2020
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster: Macca didnt like that John Lennon was taller in Nowhere Boy' - NME.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Pandemic Has Caused 'Cheating Crisis' in Chess - Newser - October 23rd, 2020
- The Queens Gambit Review: A Winning Chess Thriller - Wall Street Journal - October 23rd, 2020
- Tabada wins National Executive Chess Online tilt - manilastandard.net - October 23rd, 2020
- Anya Taylor-Joy Infiltrates the Boys Club of Chess in The Queens Gambit - Den of Geek - October 21st, 2020
- Chess, The Musical Finally Opens In Moscow - Chess.com - October 21st, 2020
- CBM 197: Magnus and his rivals - Chessbase News - October 19th, 2020
- The Best Shows and Movies to Watch This Week: The Vow Finale, Borat Sequel - Up News Info - October 19th, 2020
- Lighting lamps to guide physics on its way - The Hindu - October 19th, 2020
- 2020: A Year of Success for Oxford Chess - Cherwell Online - October 19th, 2020
- Hennessy Presents "Make Your Move" Featuring RZA And GZA Of Wu-Tang And Maurice Ashley - Chess.com - October 9th, 2020
- Dr C K Rajkumar: The Velvette man who pioneered the sachet revolution - Deccan Herald - October 9th, 2020
- 2020 Pacific Coast Open: Better Late Than Never! | US Chess.org - uschess.org - October 9th, 2020
- Asian Online Chess: India start favourites in both mens and womens events - The Indian Express - October 9th, 2020
- Chess vs. checkers: The brilliance behind Justin Houston's approach to the pass rush - The Indianapolis Star - October 9th, 2020
- How man and machine can work together in the age of AI - The European Sting - October 9th, 2020
- A trout in the milk? - Spectator.co.uk - October 8th, 2020
- 'Young and the Restless' Spoilers: Chelsea Considers Dumping Adam Will She Bail on 'Chadam'? - Soap Dirt - October 8th, 2020
- October Cover Stories with Chess Life: GM Maurice Ashley - uschess.org - October 7th, 2020
- Teen star stands out in Wilfredo Neri Memorial chess tiff - Philippine Star - October 7th, 2020
- Carlsen and So tie in Chess 9LX tournament - Stabroek News - October 5th, 2020
- King in the middle (2) - Chessbase News - October 3rd, 2020
- Its more natural for men to pick chess as an interest or women to pick arranging flowers - Mint - October 3rd, 2020
- Cloud9 Signs Chess Grandmaster Andrew 'penguingm1' Tang The Esports Observerhome of essential esports business news and insights - TEO - The Esports... - October 3rd, 2020
- The world's our lobster - TheArticle - October 3rd, 2020
- Trump joked while people suffered with Covid. Well, is now the time to stop? - The Guardian - October 3rd, 2020
- How to get more productive? Try this meditation app - Economic Times - October 1st, 2020
- How SPB helped a teenage Viswanathan Anand for a national championship - The News Minute - October 1st, 2020
- Bhavik Rathod ventures out with edtech platform Kyt - ETtech.com - October 1st, 2020
- The other Pandey: An ode, a shout out and a plea... - afaqs - September 30th, 2020
- Required Reading: The Secrets To Pro's Success MTG Arena Zone - MTG Arena Zone - September 30th, 2020
- Spotted on a Safari - The New York Times - September 30th, 2020
- Celebrities that stream Among Us TalkEsport - TalkEsport - September 29th, 2020
- Alexander Donchenko: The importance of working hard at the board - Chessbase News - September 28th, 2020
- AI in IT service and support: The promise approaches reality - TechBeacon - September 28th, 2020
- The Queen's Gambit Netflix release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the series out? - Daily Express - September 28th, 2020
- 'The Queen's Gambit' Trailer: Anya Taylor-Joy Is A Chess-Prodigy Carving Her Place In A Man's World - Mashable India - September 26th, 2020
- Who are the 50 Greatest Chess Players of All Time? - chess24 - September 24th, 2020
- So, Carlsen Tie in Saint Louis Speed Event; Nakamura Third - uschess.org - September 24th, 2020
- Essential strategies to win every game in Auto Brawl Chess: Battle Royale - Pocket Gamer - September 24th, 2020
- Sheikh Hasina International Online Chess begins Thursday - United News of Bangladesh - September 24th, 2020
- Chess players in war of words Zambia - diggers.news - September 22nd, 2020
- What is the puzzle result win, loss or draw? - Financial Times - September 22nd, 2020
- Post-mortems and princes - Chessbase News - September 20th, 2020
- Centre's deadline to AICF warring factions nearing fast - Sify News - September 20th, 2020