For the last few weeks, the small indie game Among Us has been the talk of the world. This unique take on Werewolf/Mafia-kind of games where communication is both the key to survival and death at the same time or the social deduction game, as the cool kids say it actually has been around for quite some time. So if youre starting to get bored with the game or just looking for more alternatives, here are 15 games like Among Us you can choose from.
As its title said, as a bunch of unfortunate spacemen, you and 15 other friends are stranded in desolate outposts and have to complete a bunch of randomized objectives to escape them; while being hunted by a secret shape-shifting impostor. The monsters player then can either silently impersonate a crewmate to sabotage the team effort or just straight up mindlessly charging at the crew members. The spacemen arent completely helpless either as theyll be equipped with various perks and items, but youll need a good plan and teamwork to take the monster down.
Thanks to its first-person perspective (and not-so-cartoony visual), Unfortunate Spacemen feels tenser than Among Us. The game also includes two additional game modes: six-player co-op Story Mode and nine-player Survival Mode. You can add bots to a multiplayer game as well for practice or create more unpredictable chaos. And its free!
Set in the depth of Jupiters moon ocean, Barotrauma is a complex up to 16-players co-op survival horror submarine simulator. The horrors arent just coming from traitorous crew members looking to tear apart your operation or the ever-changing tasks each member have to do to keep your submarine afloat, but also from what terrors lie in the abyss. You can easily include a traitor or remove the feature entirely when setting up a multiplayer game. Or if you want a more stressful experience, you can even set a Maybe option; that way youll never be sure if someone on your team is trying to get you.
Originally released in 2003 using a pretty archaic BYOND engine, its fair to say that Space Station 13 is the original Among Us. In an attempt to keep a space station operational, you can choose different jobs, from a janitor, security guard, medical staff, engineer, to something absolutely absurd like a clown or wizard depending on the server. However, random players are also chosen as antagonists that also range from something mostly normal like a simple saboteur or rogue AI to nuclear-armed death squad or a weird assortment of monsters such as changelings and Lovecraftian monsters. Random space occurrences like a black hole will eat up your space station along with your crew as well, so youll have to keep an eye on that.
As I said before, it is quite a hassle to set up, join, and even play a game thanks to the old engine. And thus, many have been trying to remake and streamlined the game. But lots of them seem to have been abandoned or stuck in Early Access hell.
All aboard Mr. Xs luxury 1920s cruise liner and play the most dangerous game of all: manhunt! Unlike other impostor games, you and 15 other fellow passengers will all be assigned a target to kill. Armed with a wide array of cartoonish weapons and traps, its a race of wits and cunning to dispatch unsuspecting targets while avoiding your own death. You can choose to play between the 2006 original Murder Party or the 2016-released Remastered. Honestly, aside from a bit more graphical polish and bonus political figure skins for the remaster, both releases are pretty much the same.
If you want something more down-to-earth and less sci-fi, this is one impostor game you could try. In Project Winter, you and seven other people are trapped in the snowy wastes. Look for shelters, hunt in the wilderness to gather precious resources, complete tasks, and finally, maybe, you can call for help if the fatal blizzard, angry wild animals, or traitorous parties havent finished every single one of you yet.
In this horror-themed six-player social deduction game, the mysterious voice is known only as of the Game Master has infected a third of your group with a virus. Your group must then traverse through three zones and escape the Game Masters clutch.
During the normal phase, while everyone scatters to find items and deciding which members to weed out, the infected have to look for bags of blood. Then at the end of each zone, a blackout period occurs, allowing the infected to transform and unleash hell on innocent players. The uninfected have to find fuses and carry on until they can taste the sweet release of escape or death. Like Unfortunate Spacemen, Deceit is also free to play, so if youre looking for more games like Among Us this title is definitely at least worth a try.
Also known simply as TTT, this is one of the most popular impostor game alternatives if you happen to own Garrys Mod. Within a group of terrorists, there are traitors who are trying to eliminate all of them, utilizing a huge arsenal of weapons, including a deadly knife and bombs. Another player also plays as its counterpart: a detective who can use gadgets to help them hunt down the traitors.
Of course, both traitor and detectives jobs wont be that easy since weapons are scattered all over the map that everyone can use to defend themselves. If youre good at being stealthy and sweet-talk people, you might be able to spread chaos without lifting a finger as a traitor. But one sloppy mistake and you can bet that everyone will hunt you down instead.
A popular Garrys Mod custom game mode was first posted onto the Steam Workshop in 2013. Its pretty similar to TTT, but there are only two roles: bystander and murderer. The bystanders have to find out who the murderers are and kill them, using a magnum thats randomly given to at least one bystander. If a bystander accidentally killed their own, they will drop the gun, unable to pick it and be blinded for some time. The killed bystander will also be blinded to mask the identity of their killer.
Meanwhile, the murderer is armed with several abilities: an instant-kill knife, sprint to catch their victims, and able to see footprints to track down other players. But if the murderer doesnt kill anyone for too long, their location will be revealed by black clouds. They can also drop their knife to create similar black clouds on-demand to trick their victims.
Dont have Garrys Mod? Dont worry, Roblox comes to the rescue. Featuring color-coded astronauts where innocent crewmates have to complete tasks and deduce whos the traitor while the impostor lies, deceive, and murders others just like Among Us. This game mode is currently still in beta, though, so expect some hiccups for now and improvements in the future.
A game of deception with a much smaller player pool. SpyParty is a one-vs-one mind game between a sniper and a spy. As the spy, instead of tricking a bunch of player-controlled characters, you must infiltrate a cocktail party and imitate the movements of the NPCs in there as to not get shot by the sniper before completing your mission. As the sniper, youll have to figure out the spy player among the sea of NPCs and avoid shooting the guests. Somewhat more comparable to Assassins Creeds multiplayer modes, I suppose.
If you have played Werewolf or Mafia before, Town of Salem should be right up your alley. In each game, seven to 15 players are assigned one of 48 roles, each with their own abilities and goals. Jailor can jail someone and stop them from doing anything for one turn, Godfather can kill one person each turn, and Guardian can cancel someones death, for example. Regarding goals, Town-aligned players have to get rid of the Mafia, the Mafia want to kill everyone but themselves, while Neutrals have their own objectives to complete.
The game operates on a day-night cycle, where at night is when all the fun stuff happens and during the daytime, the citizens have to cast a vote to execute a villager. This is when your smooth-talking will decide your and everyone elses fate.
Throne of Lies is another modern take on Mafia. Set during a time of medieval conflict, Eight to 16 players are randomly assigned one of 49 classes, from the King, Assassin, Hunter, the Drunk, to a hapless Fool, all with their own abilities. Most will be loyal members of the good Blue Dragon faction, but each game will feature members of either the evil Cult or Unseen faction, with a few Neutral characters spread around to mix things up.
The classic online version of the Mafia board game. First released way back in 2008, this web-based, text-based game includes 220 unique roles, webcam support, and its free to play. Perfect for when you want to practice your techniques quickly and cheaply. You can also play other 29 free minigames like Draw It!, Battle Snake, Chess, and more when youve had enough of tricking your friends all day long.
Just like EpicMafia, Secret Hitler is an online, web-based social deduction game. Five to 10 players are split into two teams: fascists and liberals. The game ends when liberals passed five liberal laws or assassinate the secret Hitler player. While the fascists must pass six policies or after three fascist policies have been passed, they managed to elect Hitler as the Chancellor. As a twist to the typical Werewolf/Mafia rule, all of the fascists know who Hitler is while the fascists are instead unknown to Hitler.
In this space janitor simulator, you and up to 31 other players have to clean up all the blood and chunks left behind after horrific sci-fi accidents with mops and buckets. Team up, make sure every nook and cranny are squeaky clean, or just play around with physics and make more mess on the crime scene Wait that doesnt sound anything like Among Us or any impostor game at all. You are not supposed to be here.
- Dancing, vacuuming, learning: What's next for robots and their creators? - ASU Now - January 23rd, 2021
- Signature Theatre announces cast and dates for 'Simply Sondheim' review - DC Metro Theater Arts - January 23rd, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', 'Shadow Gangs', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 15th, 2021
- Their Uniforms Say Ohio State and Alabama. The Players Are From Everywhere. - The Wall Street Journal - January 13th, 2021
- Ziggurat Interactive Releases First Retro First Friday Pack Of 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - January 9th, 2021
- TV tonight: another day in paradise for detective Ralf Little - The Guardian - January 9th, 2021
- The Board Games Global Market is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 13% Between 2021 to 2026 - Yahoo Finance - January 6th, 2021
- 50 Best TV Shows To Watch In 2021 - Highest Rated Television Series - OtakuKart - OtakuKart - December 29th, 2020
- Red Bull think they have secret weapon to catch Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas | F1 | Sport - TechnoCodex - December 23rd, 2020
- HBO's Industry creators and Myha'la Herrold break down season 1 finale - Entertainment Weekly - December 22nd, 2020
- Research at Microsoft 2020: Addressing the present while looking to the future - Microsoft - December 22nd, 2020
- Deals of the Week, December 11 to 18 Growth Business roundup - GrowthBusiness.co.uk - December 18th, 2020
- Turns Out Its Pretty Good: Doomscrolling - The Cut - December 18th, 2020
- A Letter to My Kids - The Good Men Project - December 15th, 2020
- Yakuza Remastered Collection On The Way For Xbox & PC - Bleeding Cool News - December 13th, 2020
- Hitman 3 Gets A New Trailer Showing Off The Features - Bleeding Cool News - December 9th, 2020
- Reflections on 40 years: thanks for the memories (we can remember) - NOLA.com - December 9th, 2020
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Review: The Pricing Conundrum - Tom's Hardware - December 8th, 2020
- AI has almost solved one of biologys greatest challenges how protein unfolds - ThePrint - December 8th, 2020
- Demis Hassabis interview: the kid from the comp who founded DeepMind and cracked a mighty riddle of science - The Times - December 6th, 2020
- Online Chess and Working from Home - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- Full Fischer film in YouTube - Chessbase News - December 5th, 2020
- New C360 CEO Howard Wright Sees Broadcast Tech Putting Fans on the Field of Play - Sports Video Group - December 5th, 2020
- This is what would happen if a Hind took on a Cobra - We Are The Mighty - December 5th, 2020
- Hyundai Takes The Wraps Off Its E-GMP Electric Car Platform - CleanTechnica - December 3rd, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons to Rent an RV when you traveling - The Dubrovnik Times - December 3rd, 2020
- Akron flashback: Some childhood toys you never forget - Akron Beacon Journal - December 1st, 2020
- 24 Comments on GM is Paying Cadillac Dealers to Ditch the Brand... - The Truth About Cars - November 29th, 2020
- Skilling Open QF2: Day of the Comebacks - chess24 - November 27th, 2020
- Jelurida Announces Bridge Champ, an On-Chain Version of the Famous Card Game - IT News Online - November 27th, 2020
- The 37 Best Black Friday Smart Home and Kitchen Deals (2020) - WIRED - November 27th, 2020
- The Joylessness of Cooking - The New Yorker - November 27th, 2020
- The Big Bang Theory: 10 Hidden Details About Penny That Everyone Missed - Screen Rant - November 26th, 2020
- Hitman 3 Reveals A New Location With Chongqing, China - Bleeding Cool News - November 25th, 2020
- Conte and Zidane remain best of friends ahead of San Siro reunion - MSN UK - November 25th, 2020
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Review: The Mainstream Knockout - Tom's Hardware - November 24th, 2020
- What's Next In AI, Chips And Masks - SemiEngineering - November 20th, 2020
- NFL Week 11: Picks and preview - Yardbarker - November 20th, 2020
- 2020 NBA Draft: Sam Vecenie's likes and dislikes - The Athletic - November 20th, 2020
- We have free android games and apps Birmingham Alive - Birmingham Alive - November 18th, 2020
- Remembering When the Memories Are No Longer Our Own - War on the Rocks - November 12th, 2020
- How To Learn Chess By Yourself: Best Apps And More - Goosed.ie - November 10th, 2020
- So Beats Abdusattorov In Speed Chess Match - Chess.com - November 10th, 2020
- Truss the process: How the Ravens turned a strange week into their biggest win of the season - Baltimore Sun - November 10th, 2020
- 2020 European MotoGP Results and News - Cycle News - November 10th, 2020
- Star Renegades Will Be Coming To Consoles Later This Month - Bleeding Cool News - November 10th, 2020
- Why a great teacher can make all the difference - Blogdottv - November 10th, 2020
- How Disney Helped Fans Live Their Star Wars Stories - Theme Park Insider - November 8th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence, the reality behind the runaway - Pledge Times - November 8th, 2020
- 8 Comments on Bugatti Bolide's Claimed Nurburing Time Isn't Real... - The Truth About Cars - October 30th, 2020
- What happened at the Badger Fire? - Times-News - October 30th, 2020
- Red Bull hopes 'Balance of Performance' plan will win rivals over to engine freeze - RaceFans - October 28th, 2020
- Rybka - Wikipedia - October 28th, 2020
- What the hell is reinforcement learning and how does it work? - The Next Web - October 28th, 2020
- How the new diversity is transforming science fictions future - Polygon - October 28th, 2020
- Low-flying helicopters to measure radiation levels in DC before inauguration | TheHill - The Hill - October 23rd, 2020
- Derrick Henry isnt the only challenge for the Steelers in Nashville - Behind the Steel Curtain - October 23rd, 2020
- The Rise of the Machines: Where Does the Person Stop and the Machine Start? - CIO Applications - October 21st, 2020
- National Stock Exchange of Australia to Launch Automated Trading Blockchain... - Coinspeaker - October 21st, 2020
- When 3 is greater than 5 - Chessbase News - October 19th, 2020
- The Analogue Duo Retro System Will Launch Sometime In 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - October 19th, 2020
- NHTSA Launching Investigation Into Chevy Bolt Fires - The Truth About Cars - October 16th, 2020
- Chess Engines Collection Download - OuefCafe.info - October 11th, 2020
- Engines - Chessprogramming wiki - October 11th, 2020
- Unreal Engine will power the Hummer EV's infotainment display - Sports Grind Entertainment - October 8th, 2020
- Jos: Time for Red Bull to produce a championship-winning car - Grand Prix 247 - October 8th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Caruana and Firouzja get off to a good start - Chessbase News - October 7th, 2020
- Belltower: Outlawing the internal combustion engine - Mountain Democrat - October 3rd, 2020
- Netmarble Announces An Original Mobile Title With A3: Still Alive - Bleeding Cool News - October 1st, 2020
- The F-35 in the Way Ahead for USMC-US Navy Integration - Second Line of Defense - September 30th, 2020
- Apple Vs. Epics First Hearing Takes Place, Judge Recommends Jury Trial for July 2021 - mxdwn.com - September 30th, 2020
- Digital Inclusion: What Does It Bring To The Future Of Connected Vehicles? - ISBuzz News - September 24th, 2020
- CanPL.ca's Best of the second group stage and CPL Final at The Island Games - Canadian Premier League - September 22nd, 2020
- Smart Money Podcast: Used Cars in Short Supply, and Shea Coule Talks About Money - Morton Times-News - September 22nd, 2020
- Revved up: How FCA and an army of contractors raced against time to put together 1st new assembly plant in Detroit in 3 decades - Crain's Detroit... - September 20th, 2020
- T-Bones waiting for the all-clear to open - Wicked Local Plymouth - September 19th, 2020
- Changing the rules - Spectator.co.uk - September 19th, 2020
- Cyan Reveals They're Developing The Game Myst For VR - Bleeding Cool News - September 19th, 2020
- Carlsen Connects on Day 2 of Rapid and Blitz - uschess.org - September 19th, 2020
- California's Butte County has been ravaged by wildfires. One man's rescue shows the depth of the fight - San Francisco Chronicle - September 19th, 2020