Leading Armenian chess player Levon Aronian competed with world champion, Norwegian chess player Magnus Carlsen with black figures during the fourth round of the blitz match of the 2020 Saint Louis Rapid & Blitz online chess tournament and was defeated at the 34th step.
Aronian scored 5 out of 8 points and shares the 3rd to 5th places along with Carlsen and Indian chess player Pentala Harikrishna. The top players are Russians Yan Nepomnyashchi and US chess player Wesley So, each with 6 points.
On September 16, Aronian will also compete with Harikrishna and Jeffrey Sion.
During the first round, Aronian outscored Iranian chess player Alireza Firuja with black figures at the 40th step, beat Russian chess player Aleksandr Grishchuk with white figures at the 68th step during the second round, and he tied the match with Russias Yan Nepomnyashchu with black figures at the 56th step.
The prize fund comprises $250,000, and the winner will receive $50,000. The ten participants will play 9 rounds of rapid chess (25+5) and 18 rounds of blitz chess (5+3). The tournament will end on September 19.
Follow NEWS.am SPORT on Facebook and Twitter
See the original post:
- Chess at the Spanish Pavilion - Chessbase News - November 27th, 2021
- 2021 FIDE World Rapid & Blitz Championship: All The Information - Chess.com - November 27th, 2021
- Lindores Abbey Blitz - Live! - Chessbase News - November 12th, 2021
- Chess: Firouzja, 18, becomes third youngest world title candidate after Carlsen and Fischer - Financial Times - November 12th, 2021
- Stockfish can crush you at chess even more efficiently in the 14.1 update - Neowin - November 1st, 2021
- Azerbaijani chess players take 11th, 13th among TOP-100 in the world - Trend News Agency - November 1st, 2021
- Monarchs and ubersprogs - Chessbase News - October 19th, 2021
- Game of the Week 484: Giri vs Carlsen - Chessbase News - October 8th, 2021
- Daniel King's Power Play Show: Tactics from the Chessable Masters and the genius of Magnus Carlsen - Chessbase News - August 9th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen moves forward in the Chess World Cup, but ... - July 25th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen botches win and heads for tiebreaks at chess World Cup - The Guardian - July 25th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen wins San Fermin Masters | ChessBase - July 25th, 2021
- Exclusive| Inspired by Magnus Carlsen, 12 year old Abhimanyu Mishra aims to be World Champion one day - Times Now - July 10th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen chess games - 365Chess.com - March 9th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen | Norwegian chess player | Britannica - March 9th, 2021
- Wesley So beats Magnus Carlsen again to win Opera Euro Rapid - chess24 - February 15th, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen survives 'disgusting' blunders against Daniil Dubov - The Guardian - February 15th, 2021
- World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen On The Very Relatable Queens Gambit Scene - TheThings - January 23rd, 2021
- Magnus Carlsen only has the second most popular video series of 2020 - chess24 - January 9th, 2021
- The Queen's Gambit: Chess 'has not been kind to women,' says world champion Magnus Carlsen - Euronews - December 11th, 2020
- Chess: Magnus Carlsen reaches Skilling semi-finals despite mouse slip - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- Magnus Carlsens Champions Chess tour to be streamed on digital platforms, including in India - Mumbai Mirror - November 12th, 2020
- Chess: Magnus Carlsen wins as Alireza Firouzja blunders in pawn endgame - The Guardian - October 16th, 2020
- P Harikrishna stuns Magnus Carlsen but later suffers four losses - The Indian Express - September 24th, 2020
- Chess: Garry Kasparov and Magnus Carlsen draw in historic ... - September 12th, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour Finals: Carlsen Ties Match To Set Up Final Clash - Chess.com - August 19th, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour Finals: Nakamura Extends Lead, Carlsen Strikes Back - Chess.com - August 11th, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour Finals: Carlsen leads Ding in ... - August 11th, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen - Wikipedia - June 24th, 2020
- Play Magnus - Chess Training, Magnus Carlsen - June 24th, 2020
- Magnus Carlsen | Top Chess Players - Chess.com - June 24th, 2020
- Chess: Magnus Carlsen announces $1m online series as ... - June 24th, 2020