Collision industry trainer, mentor and Hall of Eagles member Toby Chess is among the many Americans suffering severe kidney disease, undergoing dialysis and in need of an organ from a living or deceased donor.
Colleagues have started aGoFundMe fundraiser to help Chess.
Toby Chess is known throughout our industry, not only as an amazing instructor with a plethora of technical knowledge, but for his willingness to give of himself, impart his knowledge to others and to ALWAYS do the right thing, the GoFundMe campaign states. Always the first to step forward and help others, our industry has the opportunity to pay it forward to our dear friend Toby, who is valiantly battling kidney failure as COVID-19 cripples his teaching schedule.
He has spent his life in service of others within our industry, and now has the opportunity to feel the reciprocal support from an industry that appreciates what he has done. Currently, Toby is undergoing dialysis three times a week, for four hours per treatment. This fund represents a way for an industry that is grateful, to recognize a wonderful man for his decades of service and volunteerism. For anyone that has ever been inspired by his words, motivated by his articles, informed by his seminars or videos, or simply touched by his generosity in sharing information.
Contributions can be made here.
Chess high-profile example might leave collision repairers and other colleagues curious about kidney disease and organ donation as well.
The Centers for Disease Control estimatesabout 15% of U.S. adults have some form of chronic kidney disease, with nearly all unaware they have it. Simple blood and urine tests will tip off doctors to the presence of the condition. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease said people with high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease or a family history of kidney failureare demographics that particularly should get tested.
Read more from the original source:
- 'The Queen's Gambit' Cast on How the Netflix Drama Goes Beyond the Chess Board (VIDEO) - TV Insider - October 17th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Carlsen clinches with a round to spare - Chessbase News - October 16th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Carlsen beats Caruana to take the lead - Chessbase News - October 11th, 2020
- Connected pawns on the move - Chessbase News - October 11th, 2020
- New: Sergei Tiviakov - How to play the Ruy Lopez with Qe2 - Chessbase News - October 7th, 2020
- AdvanceClub Launches to Inspire and Advance Esports Gamers of All Skill Levels - StreetInsider.com - October 7th, 2020
- Woman Can't Stump Her Husband With Riddles No Matter How Hard She Tries - Distractify - October 3rd, 2020
- Unearthing Every NFL Team's Early Hidden Gem - Bleacher Report - September 30th, 2020
- The Queens Gambit Teaser: Anya Taylor-Joy Is Addicted to Chess, Drugs, and More Chess - Vulture - September 28th, 2020
- 'Console Wars' Review: A Fascinating, Fundamental Chronicle of the Innovative Battle Between SEGA and Nintendo - /FILM - September 24th, 2020
- WATCH: Why Nurse-Stevens was the best chess match in NBA history - Celtics Wire - September 24th, 2020
- The shifting chessboard of international influence operations - Brookings Institution - September 24th, 2020
- Yuzvendra Chahals Dance Videos That Went Viral! - IWMBuzz - September 22nd, 2020
- The 7 best chess and checkers games for Android - Explica - September 12th, 2020
- FIDE announces that the Candidates Tournament will resume on November 1st - Chessbase News - September 11th, 2020
- George Conway Shows What's Going On In Trump's Head In Exclusive 'Unfit' Clip - HuffPost - September 11th, 2020
- Pokelawls signed as streamer to TSM - Daily Esports - September 9th, 2020
- 30 fun ways to stay connected through video calls - Bryan-College Station Eagle - September 7th, 2020
- TikTok: Everything To Know About Tech's Biggest Soap Opera - Inventiva - September 5th, 2020
- Putin critic: Inaction against him is a license to kill - CNN - September 5th, 2020
- HCPS Help Chats: Live sessions, step-by-step videos will take families from login to learning - rvahub.com - September 3rd, 2020
- PUBG, Ludo World among 118 more Chinese apps banned by IT ministry. Check full list here - Hindustan Times - September 3rd, 2020
- Artist and Singer Juga To Lead Girls Club Workshop on Chess & Creativity - uschess.org - September 1st, 2020
- Olympiad gold: Chess has boomed amid COVID-19, says Vidit Gujrathi - Times of India - September 1st, 2020
- Performance in Olympiad shows the depth of Indian chess: Viswanathan Anand - Times of India - September 1st, 2020
- And it went zoom! - Chessbase News - August 31st, 2020
- The West Wing Photos, News, and Videos - Just Jared - August 26th, 2020
- Fired GPD officer alleges he was told to remove video about George Floyd - Yes! Weekly - August 22nd, 2020
- Chess as an Esport: In conversation with International Master Danny Rensch - Sportskeeda - August 22nd, 2020
- Missing Maremma: Dog missing from the NSW Blue Mountains spotted 200km away in the Central West - The Macleay Argus - August 21st, 2020
- Women who hates waste shows off her totally upcycled house including a skateboard light and ice lolly stick - The Irish Sun - August 19th, 2020
- Epic's Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite video is an irresponsible piece of corporate propaganda | Opinion - GamesIndustry.biz - August 14th, 2020
- Man Kicked in Face and Woman Assaulted by Gang of Men During Hardrock Casino Fight - PokerTube - August 14th, 2020
- Free Chess Videos lichess.org - August 12th, 2020
- Chess Videos TV - The Largest Chess Video Site on the Web! - August 12th, 2020
- Chess Videos - Lessons, Broadcasts and Shows - Chess.com - August 12th, 2020
- Chess Puzzle of the Day - Can You Solve It? - Video Chess - August 12th, 2020
- Screenshot Saturday Sundays: Art school, antiques, and the rental store at the end of time - Rock Paper Shotgun - August 11th, 2020