Bangladesh team finished 9th in the 10-team Pool A in Division 2 of theFIDE Online World Chess Olympiad on Sunday.
Bangladesh earned 3 match points and 17 game points to settle for the 9th place in the nine-round robin league basis three-day competition concluded on Sunday.
Bulgaria became 1st securing 18 match points, Germany became 2nd with 15 match points and Indonesia became 3rd with 12 match points and the three top teams have qualified for the top Division from Pool A of Division 2.
Out of the day's three rounds, Bangladesh drew 3-3 withTurkmenistan in the 7th round.
IM Mohammad Fahad Rahman won against FM Nurmamedov Azat and WCM Ahmed Walijah won WFM Mekanova Annagozel.
GM Niaz Murshed drew with IM Atabayev Yusup while GM Ziaur Rahman drew with IM Atabayev Saparmyrat. WIM Rani Hamid and WIM Sharmin Sultana Shirin lost to WFM Ovezdurdiyeva Jemal and WFM Hallaeva, Bahar respectively.
In the day's 8th round matches, Bangladesh lost to Philippines by 1-4.5 match points.
GM Ziaur Rahman won against GM Laylo Darwin and IM Mohammad Fahad Rahman drew with Concio Michael Jr.
GM Niaz Murshed lost to GM Mark Paragua, WIM Rani Hamid lost to WGM Frayna, Janelle Mae WCM Samiha Sharmin Shimmi lost to WIM Galas Bernadettee and WCM Ahmed Walijah lost lost to San Diego Jerlyn Mae.
In the days 9th or last round, Bangladesh lost to Bulgaria by -5 game points.
Only IM Mohammad Fahad Rahman drew with CM Arfan Aditya Bagus. GM Reefat Bin Sattar, FM Md Taibur Rahman, WFM Nazrana Khan Eva, WCM Samiha Sharmin Shimmi and WFM Noshin Anjum lost against GM Megaranto Susanto, IM Priasmoro Novendra, IM Sukandar Irine Kharisma, IM Aulia, Medina Warda and WIM Fisabilillah Umm of Indonesia respectively.
Among the Bangladeshi players, IM Mohammad Fahammad Rahman earned 5 points out 8 games, GM Ziaur Rahman earned 2 points out of 5 games, GM Niaz Murshed earned 2 points out of 6 games, GM Reefat Bin Sattar earned 2 points out of 6 games, WCM Ahmed Walijah earned 2 points out of 5 games, WCM Noshin Anjum earned 1 point out of 4 games, WIM Sharmin Sultana Shirin earned 1 points out of 5 and WIM Rani Hamid earned 1 point out 6 games.
Read the rest here:
- Levon Aronian attends reopening of chess school in Yerevan, talks about his career, Armenia and chess - Information-Analytic Agency NEWS.am - November 27th, 2021
- The best of AB de Villiers, Carlsens chess genius and Chelsea v Man Utd - The Guardian - November 27th, 2021
- We're Getting an Official Queen's Gambit Board Game That's Not Chess - Comicbook.com - November 27th, 2021
- Chess Gets Its Own Sunglasses In Time for the Championship Match in Dubai - World Chess - November 27th, 2021
- The Recorder - Greenfield Chess Club revives weekly meetings - The Recorder - November 27th, 2021
- Chess.net - November 27th, 2021
- Where chess reigned as a spectator sport - The Hindu - November 27th, 2021
- The woodland chess game: How to overcome a whitetail's keen sense of smell - Hornell Evening Tribune - November 27th, 2021
- The strongest move - Morgan Stanley Hungary head and Chess Federation board member Norbert Fogarasi discusses the power of teamwork, AI, and coaching... - November 27th, 2021
- In the latest round of budgetary chess, Progressive caucus leader Jayapal played a shrewd gambit - NationofChange - November 27th, 2021
- Adam Spencer on the mathematical magic of Chess - Breakfast - ABC News - November 27th, 2021
- The International Chess Federation is first global sports association with its own NFT marketplace - Cointelegraph - November 12th, 2021
- The weird and wonderful world of underground chess - Spectator.co.uk - November 12th, 2021
- Nur-Sultan to host World Rapid and Blitz Championships - Chessbase News - November 12th, 2021
- Girls can play chess just as well as boys, so why aren't more of them attracted to the game? - ABC News - November 12th, 2021
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone at 20: The Film That Started It All - The New York Times - November 12th, 2021
- The Greatest Chess Tournaments Of All Time: An Engine's Perspective - Chess.com - November 1st, 2021
- Announcing The 2021 Bughouse World Championship - Chess.com - November 1st, 2021
- FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss R5: Najer, Shirov Catch Firouzja - Chess.com - November 1st, 2021
- Chess of the Wind movie review (2021) - Roger Ebert - November 1st, 2021
- Chess of the Wind Review: A Remnant of an Iran That Used to Be - The New York Times - November 1st, 2021
- Play Against The New Halloween Bots - Chess.com - November 1st, 2021
- How Netflix and lockdowns inspired a chess popularity boom - ITV News - November 1st, 2021
- Chess grandmaster to play exhibition match on St. Croix - Virgin Islands Daily News - November 1st, 2021
- Meet the Black schoolboy who beat International Chess Grandmaster aged just 12 - The Mirror - November 1st, 2021
- 62nd Annual US Armed Forces Open Chess Championship - Chessbase News - October 19th, 2021
- Van Foreest Wins October 12 Titled Tuesday - Chess.com - October 19th, 2021
- Indianapolis native hoping to save lives with a chess board - IndyStar - October 19th, 2021
- UK prisoners allowed to play chess in global online tournament - The Guardian - October 19th, 2021
- US team places fifth as NATO's top chess players face off - Stars and Stripes - October 19th, 2021
- Has the International Chess Federation made the wrong sponsorship move? - The Irish Times - October 19th, 2021
- The global landscape of womens chess, and where Harika Dronavalli fits in - Hindustan Times - October 19th, 2021
- Queen of the gambit: Talking chess and challenges with Harika Dronavalli - Hindustan Times - October 19th, 2021
- Meet Norwich's teenage chess buff taking the web by storm - Norwich Evening News - October 19th, 2021
- Biggest ever GM Chess starts tomorrow - The Daily Star - October 19th, 2021
- Chess Fever is Sweeping the Country - KNWA - October 19th, 2021
- Sparta Chess Club Celebrates National Chess Day 2021 Playing on the Boardwalk - TAPinto.net - October 19th, 2021
- U.T. student to participate in Greece chess championship - The Hindu - October 19th, 2021
- Play chess online for free - chess.org - October 8th, 2021
- A Mathematician Has Solved a 150-Year-Old Chess Problem About Queens - Interesting Engineering - October 8th, 2021
- Arena Kings Season 8: All The Information - Chess.com - October 8th, 2021
- Beginner, Advanced And Adult Chess At Deep River Library - Patch.com - October 8th, 2021
- All The World Chess Champions - Chess.com - October 8th, 2021
- Sparta Chess Club to Celebrate National Chess Day on the Boardwalk Saturday - TAPinto.net - October 8th, 2021
- Like in chess, protecting the King key for No. 6 Aggies in season opener - TexAgs - September 4th, 2021
- Trinidad and Tobago fail to advance to Online Chess Olympiad Division II - TT Newsday - September 4th, 2021
- If You'd Like to Learn How to Play Chess May I Suggest Doing It With a T-Rex via The Noble Collection's Jurassic Park Set? - The Mary Sue - August 23rd, 2021
- Ending years of feud, AICF and Chess Association of India announce merger - The Indian Express - August 23rd, 2021
- The 8 Best Movie-Themed Chess Sets to Buy Online - IndieWire - August 23rd, 2021
- Chess May be Banned in Afghanistan - World Chess - August 23rd, 2021
- Coach Of The Month: IM Kostya Kavutskiy - Chess.com - August 23rd, 2021
- The Guildford Chess Club celebrates its 125th anniversary! - Chessbase News - August 23rd, 2021
- Chess, PHILSPADA athletes to be honored in 27th SKC awards - Mindanao Times - August 23rd, 2021
- Harshit Raja, Indias 69th Chess Grandmaster - Gulte - August 9th, 2021
- Nas enjoys a game of chess in Rare visual - REVOLT TV - August 9th, 2021
- Star Trek 3D chess and more out-of-this-world ways to celebrate International Chess Day - ZDNet - July 25th, 2021
- How the game of Chess has helped mold Oregon's Kayvon Thibodeaux - NBC Sports - July 25th, 2021
- Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand Goes Down To Anish Giri In Croatia Grand Chess Tour - Outlook India - July 10th, 2021
- The Real Queens Gambit: Ashley Priores Nonprofit Aims To Give Women An Edge In The Male-Dominated World Of Chess - Forbes - July 10th, 2021
- Of Anand, simultaneous chess and the cheating controversy - The Hindu - June 28th, 2021
- Chess in The Parks held at Myrtle Park in Indian Orchard - WWLP.com - June 28th, 2021
- The Londoner Inviting a Guy Over to Play Chess - The Cut - June 28th, 2021
- Carol Jarecki: From chess mom to one of the game's greatest referees - Washington Times - June 28th, 2021
- NBA Playoffs 2021: The chess match between Trae Young and the Milwaukee Bucks' defence is only beginning - NBA CA - June 28th, 2021
- Chess Corner: Sitting on the 7th rank - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - June 11th, 2021
- Joe Burrow is so competitive he's trash talking teammates about...chess - Bengals Wire - June 11th, 2021
- PhosAgro Renews Strategic Partnership Agreements with FIDE and the Russian Chess Federation - PRNewswire - June 11th, 2021
- Nuclear powers must stop playing nuclear chess and atomic roulette - The Mail & Guardian - Mail and Guardian - June 11th, 2021
- Joe Burrow has Been Talking Crap About Chess to a Key Offensive Target - Sportscasting - June 11th, 2021
- Aamir Khan will face the chess with chess champion Viswanathan Anand - asume tech - June 11th, 2021
- 2021 Scholar-Chessplayer Award Winners Announced | US Chess.org - uschess.org - uschess.org - June 11th, 2021
- New tables give you the opportunity to play chess/checkers at two EC parks - WQOW TV News 18 - May 30th, 2021
- A Chess Game: Everyone will win or lose after the NATO summit | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - May 30th, 2021
- Xiong Wins May 25 Titled Tuesday - Chess.com - May 30th, 2021
- Grandmaster Judit Polgar to Appear in US Chess Women Girls Club - uschess.org - May 30th, 2021
- Chess event promotes solidarity between Jews and Arabs - The Jerusalem Post - May 30th, 2021
- Taylor Jenkins and Quin Snyder are in a NBA playoffs 'chess match' that's years in the making | Giannotto - Commercial Appeal - May 30th, 2021
- Mind games: Two intellectuals and chess on a football pitch - The Indian Express - May 30th, 2021
- Theatre review: Chess the Musical - InDaily - May 30th, 2021
- 10-Year-Old Chess Prodigy Who Overcame Homelessness Named National Chess Master - NewsOne - May 18th, 2021