No other piece moves like the knight, which gives it an amazing attacking potential. Watch as GM Dejan Bojkov demonstrates how to make the most of your knights to find killer forks and other winning tactics!
We've attacked with knights, bishops, rooks, and queens. Now try using them all together! GM Dejan Bojkov demonstrates how to coordinate your forces and launch a decisive attack.
Queens are the strongest attacking piece, so it's important to use them correctly. GM Dejan Bojkov will demonstrate how to attack with your queen and avoid getting it trapped behind enemy lines.
How can White you use your rooks to win games? GM Dejan Bojkov demonstrates how to attack with rooks and win more games!
How can you make the best use of your bishops? They work well in a team and need open diagonals. GM Dejan Bojkov will show you how to break open the enemy king, and win many games with spectacular bishops!
It's helpful to look at all of the checks for each side and see if there are checkmates or other tactics available on the next move.
Never forget to protect your most important piece, the king. A material advantage doesn't matter if there's checkmate. Be careful to defend potential checkmating squares near your king and to give your king escape routes...
The f2 and f7 pawns are only defended by the king in the starting position, so it can be subject to attack. If you can attack your opponent's f-pawn with two pieces when it's only defended by a king you can frequently wi...
Castling is a good idea, but if the king is on the back rank without other pieces to defend it, it may be vulnerable to a back rank checkmate from a rook or queen. It's often a good idea to advance one pawn in front of t...
Attacking the king is great - but it's not always the right move. Be patient. Make sure that a check accomplishes a goal, like helping to mate or preventing your opponent from castling. If your opponent has a useful move...
When both sides only have kings and pawns it's essential to count how many moves each side will take to promote. Usually whoever gets there first will win the game!
How should one tackle the Dutch Defense? Leela Chess Zero shows an incredible set of attacking ideas coming from the Staunton Gambit can be incredibly effective!.IM Daniel Rensch breaks down one of his favorite games of...
Join NM Sam Copeland as he breaks down an electrifying game between the new engine Stockfish NNUE and Leela Chess Zero, from a brutal 600 game tournament during the Computer Chess Championship!
International Master Daniel Rensch reviews a strikingly human game in more ways than one (played by Lc0 (more commonly known as Leela) vs Chiron, two chess engines that competed in the Computer Chess Championship.
Leela Chess Zero won the 13th season of the Computer Chess Championship 106-94 against Stockfish 11. The Neural Network did so with an incredible understanding of space and control and some amazing positional concepts. W...
It's not often you see a brand new piece sacrifice on move eight! How did Lc0 crush Stockfish with a mind-bending sacrifice right from the opening?
How do you score a quick win against a higher rated player without any flashy sacrifices? You need to stop all of your opponent's plans before they can cause any trouble. Check out NM Jeremy Kane's best game, a strategic...
IM Tuan Minh Le, one of the strongest online blitz players in the world, isn't so bad over the board either! He demonstrates his best game, an exciting win, where his opponent's queen went for checkmate and got stuck on...
Grandmaster Romain Edouard brings you his best attacking game ever! When the strong Grandmaster Vladislav Tkachiev surprised him in the opening, Romain kept his cool and unleashed an amazing attack in the style of Paul M...
Grandmaster Dejan Bojkov demonstrates his best game to date! It's a positional masterpiece against the Indian Grandmaster Dibyendu Barua. Find out how Dejan maneuvered his opponent's pieces to poor squares before finding...
How do you beat a World Champion like Vladimir Kramnik? GM Georg Meier knows from experience! Watch as he explains every step of the way how he outwitted one of the greatest players of all time!
Often our mistakes in chess come from fear. Even Grandmasters can be intimidated by higher rated opponents! GM Romain Edouard shares his experiences, with this psychological problem both as the higher rated player and as...
Often we make mistakes because of time pressure, or just a lack of concentration. GM Romain Edourard explains how to stay focused and how to handle the clock in key games!
When you have a good position, it's easy to sit back and try to avoid risk. However, often good positions require precise calculation to convert them into a win. GM Romain Edouard is back with some personal examples of s...
When a game looks drawish, don't just agree to a draw! You learn more by playing on, and often there's a chance to win in even the most simple-looking endgames! GM Romain Edouard wraps up his series and shows you some of...
Read this article:
- 'The Queen's Gambit' Cast on How the Netflix Drama Goes Beyond the Chess Board (VIDEO) - TV Insider - October 17th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Carlsen clinches with a round to spare - Chessbase News - October 16th, 2020
- Norway Chess: Carlsen beats Caruana to take the lead - Chessbase News - October 11th, 2020
- Connected pawns on the move - Chessbase News - October 11th, 2020
- New: Sergei Tiviakov - How to play the Ruy Lopez with Qe2 - Chessbase News - October 7th, 2020
- AdvanceClub Launches to Inspire and Advance Esports Gamers of All Skill Levels - StreetInsider.com - October 7th, 2020
- Woman Can't Stump Her Husband With Riddles No Matter How Hard She Tries - Distractify - October 3rd, 2020
- Unearthing Every NFL Team's Early Hidden Gem - Bleacher Report - September 30th, 2020
- The Queens Gambit Teaser: Anya Taylor-Joy Is Addicted to Chess, Drugs, and More Chess - Vulture - September 28th, 2020
- 'Console Wars' Review: A Fascinating, Fundamental Chronicle of the Innovative Battle Between SEGA and Nintendo - /FILM - September 24th, 2020
- WATCH: Why Nurse-Stevens was the best chess match in NBA history - Celtics Wire - September 24th, 2020
- The shifting chessboard of international influence operations - Brookings Institution - September 24th, 2020
- Yuzvendra Chahals Dance Videos That Went Viral! - IWMBuzz - September 22nd, 2020
- The 7 best chess and checkers games for Android - Explica - September 12th, 2020
- FIDE announces that the Candidates Tournament will resume on November 1st - Chessbase News - September 11th, 2020
- George Conway Shows What's Going On In Trump's Head In Exclusive 'Unfit' Clip - HuffPost - September 11th, 2020
- Pokelawls signed as streamer to TSM - Daily Esports - September 9th, 2020
- 30 fun ways to stay connected through video calls - Bryan-College Station Eagle - September 7th, 2020
- TikTok: Everything To Know About Tech's Biggest Soap Opera - Inventiva - September 5th, 2020
- Putin critic: Inaction against him is a license to kill - CNN - September 5th, 2020
- A Look at Kidney Disease and Ways to Help Toby Chess - Autobody News - September 5th, 2020
- HCPS Help Chats: Live sessions, step-by-step videos will take families from login to learning - rvahub.com - September 3rd, 2020
- PUBG, Ludo World among 118 more Chinese apps banned by IT ministry. Check full list here - Hindustan Times - September 3rd, 2020
- Artist and Singer Juga To Lead Girls Club Workshop on Chess & Creativity - uschess.org - September 1st, 2020
- Olympiad gold: Chess has boomed amid COVID-19, says Vidit Gujrathi - Times of India - September 1st, 2020
- Performance in Olympiad shows the depth of Indian chess: Viswanathan Anand - Times of India - September 1st, 2020
- And it went zoom! - Chessbase News - August 31st, 2020
- The West Wing Photos, News, and Videos - Just Jared - August 26th, 2020
- Fired GPD officer alleges he was told to remove video about George Floyd - Yes! Weekly - August 22nd, 2020
- Chess as an Esport: In conversation with International Master Danny Rensch - Sportskeeda - August 22nd, 2020
- Missing Maremma: Dog missing from the NSW Blue Mountains spotted 200km away in the Central West - The Macleay Argus - August 21st, 2020
- Women who hates waste shows off her totally upcycled house including a skateboard light and ice lolly stick - The Irish Sun - August 19th, 2020
- Epic's Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite video is an irresponsible piece of corporate propaganda | Opinion - GamesIndustry.biz - August 14th, 2020
- Man Kicked in Face and Woman Assaulted by Gang of Men During Hardrock Casino Fight - PokerTube - August 14th, 2020
- Free Chess Videos lichess.org - August 12th, 2020
- Chess Videos TV - The Largest Chess Video Site on the Web! - August 12th, 2020
- Chess Puzzle of the Day - Can You Solve It? - Video Chess - August 12th, 2020
- Screenshot Saturday Sundays: Art school, antiques, and the rental store at the end of time - Rock Paper Shotgun - August 11th, 2020